Author Topic: Help with 2-1 transition  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Help with 2-1 transition
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 22:28:48 pm »
Olly is a January baby and I vividly remember those walks to try and get the CN in. TBH it is easier now as it is dark outside and more conduce to sleep! Only trouble is when it is cold and wet too  ::)

Offline LittleSplasherMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 08:46:45 am »
Kellyjs, yes you're right, thank you for popping over to check on me!  ;D So do you think I should do a set nap at 11.30? Last week I only managed twice, so I could try for another week and see how it goes. He is going to nursery one morning this week and there he doesn't sleep in the cot (or he used to but not anymore for some reason), so they put him in the buggy usually before 11 and he sleeps between 45min to an hour on a good day. Hopefully because it's just one day this week it won't affect things too much. The problem at the moment is his cough, woke coughing again at 5.40 and has been coughing a lot so far, so I'm not expecting a long nap... :(

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 08:50:58 am »
Do you remember what is the latest your cn end up to? the other day we had the latest at 4.20 and woke him after 20 minutes and it didn't affect his bt.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 13:29:50 pm »
How did the nap go today? My CN used to be 20 mins around 3.45/4pm and never really affected BT.
Zoe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 13:46:20 pm »
Just like yesterday, an hour and lots of coughing! :( I did manage to put him down at 11.30, well he was half asleep as we went to a playgroup. Will take him out for the cn

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 16:20:22 pm »
Coughs used to be the pain for us, DS grown out of them a bit now!
Zoe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 17:57:32 pm »
Thankfully we managed a cn at 4.40 for about 30 mins, still lots of coughing  :( poor thing

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 18:00:59 pm »
Coughs are annoying. However, once DD had a car nap with one and I noticed she never actually fully awoke. Just just coughed a bit in her sleep, then bang opened her eyes at the end of the normal sleep cycle. so I knew it hadn't affected her sleep, otherwise it would've worked a bit like w2s in that it would've reset her timings. It really helped me knowing that.

I think our CN went as late as 4.15 when it was a 15mins one. Mine always did like a short A to BT though.  I had to ditch it in the end as it was more trouble than it was worth.

I personally would hold the 11.30am set nap for a week then look at moving it again. I'm still thinking he's a tad UT even with that silly cough xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 19:07:44 pm »
Yes, I did notice that although he was coughing he was still asleep in the stroller, then woke after the usual time. Will hold the 11.30 until next week then. Thanks again ladies! x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 19:48:24 pm »
Mine used to cough so much I'd sneak in look and think he's awake but he was always asleep! Good luck with the naps x
Zoe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 20:31:51 pm »
Well last week pretty much all naps were disrupted by coughing to much, therefore didn't last that long! I think the longest nap we had was on Saturday, 1h20! the last three days he did 1h05, 1h15 and today it was bad because he woke after 10/15mins coughing so much, managed to get him back to sleep quite quickly but only slept another 30min! booo

Anyway, I think we are ready for a push, shall I try 11.45?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 20:47:25 pm »
Hopefully the cough should be totally gone soon.

Yes I'd try 11.45 and hold for a few days  :)
Zoe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 20:56:37 pm »
Thanks!! I can't wait to get to one nap now, the pm nap is driving me crazy!!  >:( he did sleep 40 mins today in the stroller though...yesterday couldn't be bothered to go out in that wind and it took me half an hour to get him to sleep at home!!  >:( I hope we are not too far away...

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 21:30:49 pm »
You might find u hit the sweet spot with the nap then can cut out the CN, and go for EBT.
Zoe

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 20:27:19 pm »
It will get better hun, remember we thought you'd go through this a lot sooner and he settled back in with the CN for a while. He's a tad older now and you and he will get through it. As Zoe says, you just need to get that nap to a time when he sleep just that little bit longer so you can just do EBT.

Do remember even down time in bed can be a saviour. Just 30mins in a dim room helps reset them, even if they don't sleep.

It is a totally sucky part of the transition this bit, but it doesn't last forever ok? Xx