Author Topic: 1-0 Help!! He's passed out cold at 4:30pm...  (Read 1627 times)

Offline KatyBee

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
1-0 Help!! He's passed out cold at 4:30pm...
« on: November 10, 2015, 17:00:53 pm »
My son is 27mo & LSN and dropped his nap last week. He seemed to find a natural routine of BT at 6:45pm and wake up 6:15am. But last couple of days he's definitely been more tired, although still wouldn't nap.

I did even earlier bedtime of 6:30pm last night and he woke at 5:30am this morning. I drove around at naptime hoping that maybe the shorter night would allow a nap - but no.

Then at 4:30pm he had a TOTAL meltdown and passed out in my arms. I have been trying to wake him since 4:40pm but he is out cold, absolutely nothing is working. If he does get his eyes to flicker he just can't keep them open at all. He is obviously exhausted, but hasn't had dinner or anything!

What do I do now? A nap of this length usually require 6hr45 awake time until bed.... EEEEEK

HELP! Please! X

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 1-0 Help!! He's passed out cold at 4:30pm...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 17:31:43 pm »
Aww bless him, if he is out cold like that then I would leave him. just keep trying every 10 mins or so as you obviously don't want him to have a huge nap now. Keep things low key for dinner time and see if he can still get reasonable BT, I m sure there are kids out there that may even be able to treat this as a SEBT and give you 13 hours sleep!

Offline KatyBee

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 21:19:28 pm »
Thanks Buntybear! Was hard work but I finally managed to wake him around the 40 minute mark, just after 5pm and he fell asleep (after a bit of a fight!) at 9pm, which is pretty good going for him actually... could have been far worse with his track record :)

Although it does mean his day was 15.5 hours long in total... ouch!  ::) Imagine tonight might be a short one though - that's usually the consequence for overly long days with him!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 22:46:29 pm »
Yes likely a shorter night, hope tomorrow is ok for you x

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 06:21:02 am »
TBH even with my LSN DS I'd have put him to bed for the night. I found with DS2 (at around 3yo) that on a Thursday or Friday he'd often fall asleep around 4.30pm & he'd literally sleep until 6.30/7am, where has his normal night's sleep were more like 7.30pm to 6am (with no nap) it was like he just needed that one long night about once a week.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05