Author Topic: Advice plz! New to pu/pd for rocked-to-sleep 12mnths old  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Fazzy9723

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Advice plz! New to pu/pd for rocked-to-sleep 12mnths old
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 22:41:59 pm »
No he hasn't been sick this whole time.
During his awake episodes he lies in my arms calm and quiet. Seems like he's is trying to go back to sleep.  Bt he can't seem to. After a long while he's tired of lying there and tries to get up. He babbles sometimes too. On those couple of ocassions where I gave up trying to put him back to sleep out of tiredness, ive just put him in his cot awake and hes happily (as long as I'm still there) stood there babbling and banging the rail or cruising around the cot.  You see, wide awake!

No whenever he wakes at night I don't rush to him right away. I wait to see if he's really awake. Then I'll go in if he cries/whinges. I wouldn't go in if he's awake, content and not crying (which is never).  It's extremely rare for him to make noises and just go back to sleep.

Whenever Ive gone to him 95% of the time he's stood up in his cot closest to the door, waiting for me. Once I pick him up the  he's quiet.

Lol yes I thought you might pick up on the slightly varied bedtimes. I really do try hard for his sake, but I've never been that great at time keeping. Will try harder of course

So how long does regression  last? Seems a bit soon for regression when he's only had 2 or 3 good nights.

What is the best thing to do once Ive realised hes wide awake? Continuously rocking him (in rocking chair of course)  is very  frustrating, but if I leave him in his cot then he will just play and babble, which won't help him get back to sleep any time soon.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 01:33:46 am »
So how long does regression  last? Seems a bit soon for regression when he's only had 2 or 3 good nights.
It tends not to be too long, its really just a check to see if this is how its going to be now, yk? You should see things going back to being better within a week though I'd expect less than that.

What is the best thing to do once Ive realised hes wide awake? Continuously rocking him (in rocking chair of course)  is very  frustrating, but if I leave him in his cot then he will just play and babble, which won't help him get back to sleep any time soon.
Yeah, leave him. If you go to him and interact, he will keep waking. I'm not saying don't attend his needs, I'm saying if he's not asleep, that's not on you. You can only give him the opportunity and the skills to sleep. Actually sleeping is up to him.

Offline Fazzy9723

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 09:37:42 am »
Ok so should I do as follows- when he wakes up and cries, I go pick him up, rock him a bit, if he's not easily drifting off put him down anyway? I know he wouldn't let me put him down straight away.

Well did i try this last night. Ds had an awake episode lol .  I rocked for a while and when it wasn't working i just laid him in his cot. He did seem to try to go back to sleep himself (with my hand on him a few minutes).  He would be still a little while then toss and turn. He would sit up a few times as well. After a while he got upset, I guess he got frustrated.  So I picked him up again, rocked him a short while and he was out. Took 2 hours still. However I prefer that to rocking him the entire time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:45:52 am by Fazzy9723 »