Author Topic: Confused on some EASY basics  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Helen O

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 07, 2015, 18:21:58 pm »
Hi All,

May I ask for your help please? :)

My DS is just over 4 months old, and am trying to put him on the 4hr EASY. (He was previously on a very erratic 3 to 3.5 hr EASY, so I'm trying to do better!)
He's already able to stay awake for a 2 hr A time, and I'm currently working on removing props and extending naps using PU/PD, and we're making progress in terms of him sleeping independently (2nd day) yay! :) I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as the process continues, but have very basic (?) questions for now please:

The EASY I was aiming for from the "..solves all your problems" book is below, but I'm confused on what to do if DS sleeps 1.5 hours rather than 2hrs for the main naps. Similarly confused on what to do if he wakes from his nap early. E.g. today, he had two 1hr 20 naps and one CN of 35 mins...
WU/E 7
S 9 ("1.5 to 2 hrs")
E 11
S 1 ("1.5 to 2 hrs")
E 3
S 5 (CN)
E 7
S 7.30
E 11 (DF)

Do I do always feed him 4 hours since the last feed, and so in such cases, do AEAS, rather feeding as soon as he wakes up (EAS) if he does a 1.5hr nap or wakes early?
If he does a 1.5 hr nap, or wakes early from his nap, do I put him down for his next nap 2 hrs after he wakes up (I think so.. else I know he'd be OT), or do try to keep him up so to get "back on track" to EAS (rather than AEAS) and instead goes asleep 2 hrs after his feed?

THANKS!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 22:13:23 pm »
Hi Honey, quick answers to your questions:
- yes, at easy we follow A times not "set naps" so if he wakes earlier or after 1.5h count your A from that moment
- his A times might be different - he may need 2h in the morning but be ok with 2.5 later in the day or he may need less so 1.5h A if previous nap was short; just follow your judgement
- if he can, I would keep him on 4h easy with maybe more frequent feeds in the evening as children tend to be more hungry then
~Marta

Offline Helen O

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 15:08:24 pm »
Thanks Martini! :) That's what I thought and have been doing, so that's good! Still working on extending his naps with PU/PD so we can get on the 4hr EASY, will keep going..  :)