Author Topic: Avent Natural Bottles  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Avent Natural Bottles
« on: November 16, 2015, 18:12:38 pm »
Wasn't sure if this should go under bottle feeding or product/hoggwatch so mods please move if not in the right spot :)

I am hoping to BF this time around, but that plan didn't go so well with DS, so I am just preparing myself if this doesn't go well again the second time.  And, even if I am able to BF, I would ideally like DD to be able to take a bottle eventually so DH can help with feeding as well as grandparents should I need to be away from baby for a few hours.

With DS we started with Playtex VentAir bottles but he was sooooo colicky we ended up switching to drop-ins so we could literally push all the air out of the bottle.  I'm not opposed to using drop-ins again, but I got some Avent Natural bottles in the mail as samples so I was just curious as to whether anyone was using these and if they were good or not?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 19:23:25 pm by Lindsay27 »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 19:11:44 pm »
I was. You mean Avent yes?

So I used Avent bottles and Avent dummies. We were happy with it but I heard it's not really "natural bottle" as breast never looks like this bottle. However we used it from 2weeks old once for a time with ebf, from 3mo for every dreamfeed until 6mo, than as a only-bottle-fed-baby until 12mo.
The only problem we faced was teat vs milk. Avent offers small niddle-size holes (1-4 I guess) but with formula milk we used, the holes were being blocked as milk was too thick. We solved that easy and after size 0+ we moved to 3-flow teat Avent Natural which worked great and was ok from 5mo till the end.
Another small disadvantage - they  tend to be destroyed (3-flow tears), as when you clean them thoroughly the cut on the end of the teat may get ripped off.

In general I was extremly happy with these bottles, also dummy did the job.
~Marta