Author Topic: 8 week old  (Read 3816 times)

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 8 week old
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 01:33:11 am »
we have a good routine for the family that allows us to get out.
I think this is really the most important thing!

Reading BWSAYP always freaked me out too but she's still in the "fourth trimester" (are  you familiar with Happiest Baby on the Block?) so I wouldn't worry too much. After a good night or just on a day where you feel she's settled (or can handle it if things go goofy) you could try her in the crib to see how it goes (or in the Rock n Play without vibration). If it's a bust, I would keep on doing what works and try again in a week or so. I was still frequently putting DD to nap in the swing (and rocking/jiggling her to sleep) until around 4 months. I found that we had the most success with the first nap in the crib as she always went to sleep easiest for that one.

I found it helpful to keep in the mind the amount of effort it will take to sleep train her (likely not that much when she's ready as she's still young) compared to the amount of effort (and stress) you've saved by APOPing in these early months. I tried too hard for independent sleep with DD in the early days, not so much with DS and in my books, APOP for the fourth trimester easily wins!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline grace annes mommy

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 21:48:21 pm »
Can't thank you enough for the reassurance and support!  I'll leave what's working for now and probably start transitioning back to the crib when DD1 goes back to school.  I'm sure I'll be back with more questions then,  ;)

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 8 week old
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 21:59:40 pm »
You're welcome.

That's a good plan. I would do the same - it's tough to be locked in a dark room settling a baby to sleep when there's another kid waiting for you.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014