Author Topic: Mommy is going insane  (Read 3418 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Mommy is going insane
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 20:30:41 pm »
Ok, so general rule of thumb is that a 45min nap is UT - I'd try increasing that first A time by ~15 minutes and see what happens. It well within the realms of normal to have a baby on 3hr A time at 6 months, so 2:45 is totally reasonable at 5.5 months. He may well even need more given he's having a 13.5hr night (totally normal for a baby this age to have 2 night feeds in an 11-12hr night).

Dream feed has to be within the time 3-4hr from BT or it will disturb sleep rather than help it.

Was that 10oz bottle a bottle of EBM? Just wondering as that is a LOT of milk - he may not be drinking that much because he doesn't need it. http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 21:35:24 pm »
Oh, I see, the 11PM was before YOU went to bed! (This is what happens when there isn't enough coffee here. LOL)

Wake2Sleep - really Wake To Sleep, but we often abbreviate it W2S here - means that partway through a sleep cycle that a baby might normally wake at the end of (even though you know he needs to KEEP sleeping! ;)), you rouse him just a little bit, just enough that he stirs in his sleep but doesn't wake. It sometimes "re-sets" the sleep cycles and can be useful for breaking a cycle of short sleeps or habitual wakings. There's probably a more detailed how-to link someplace - Mods, can you find?

Offline Naube

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 22:41:30 pm »
He is 13ish hours at night but that's not including the amount of time he is waking up, as he's waking up every 2-3 hours at night now.  From 2.5 months-4 months he was sleeping 15 hours a night with no wake ups and now its all the time. And prior to 2.5 months he usually only woke up 1 time a night pretty much since he was new.  i will try the dream feed at 3 hours tonight. 

Yes 10 oz is a lot, it was half bm and half formula.  He keeps eating a lot during the afternoon.  My mom thinks he's starting to teeth so that might be our issue.

I'll try the w2s Wednesday if this still aren't going well, he's at grandmas tomorrow and Wednesday my toddler is at grandmas so I can sneak into his room without assistance.

Offline deb

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 23:36:20 pm »
When he wakes at 4AM, are you feeding him then? That might be why he's not really hungry when he wakes for the day?

Does he take a soother/pacifier/dummy? Also, are you the only one there at night? Can someone else go to him in the night? I found that my DH could get the girls back to sleep when I couldn't - he didn't smell like milk. LOL

Offline Naube

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 21:05:53 pm »
Well last night went well I don't know if it was the one good nap he had yesterday, the first extra blanket or the formula.  But he slept from 8-4:30 so I'm not going to complain only wished my two year old would do the same!  I had to wake him at 830 so he could go to grandma care.  I swear they tag team me for ensuring that I don't sleep more than 3 hour periods! But one wake up was better than 3.

I do feed him at 4am, I don't usually do dream feeds. My mom didn't realized I hadn't fed him when I dropped him off this morning and he didn't eat until 10:30  Either

Offline Naube

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 15:00:44 pm »
Well ds had 2 good nap yesterday and slept from 8-8 and even my daughter slept through the night. It feels so strange to feel rested!  Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this continues

Offline deb

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 15:39:55 pm »
Here's hoping!