Author Topic: 5.5 month old NW from rolling onto tummy  (Read 1604 times)

Offline CamillaA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5.5 month old NW from rolling onto tummy
« on: November 15, 2015, 22:15:42 pm »
My 5.5 month old has been able to roll back to front since 4 months but in the last week has begun to sit up unaided and also really getting into the rolling over again, doing it all her awake time and then after bed time every 3 hours in the night. I think she rolls over in her sleep - perhaps at the end of a sleep cycle and then due to the muscle memory does some push-ups, gets annoyed and starts crying. I have to pick her up and most of the time it takes between 10mins and an hour to get her to relax again and go back to sleep. She has been an independent sleeper since 3 months, always sucking her thumb to self soothe. As soon as she is relaxed (stopped crying) and i put her back in the cot when she would normally roll to her side and start sucking her thumb and fall asleep, she rolls completely onto her tummy and gets upset. This is now night three of this and Im going a little crazy. I know its a passing phase but have any others out there found good solutions for this phase? Im reading for some it lasted a few months so I am really hoping there are some ideas of how I can help her (and me!) through this time. She used to only wake for 2 feeds a night but now we have at least 3-4 NW. (I only feed at 2-3 of these)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 5.5 month old NW from rolling onto tummy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 23:22:48 pm »
does some push-ups
LOL, you have to admire her fitness-orientated approach to life.  That's a life-long skill to encourage! 
Honestly, it really is just a phase that she will eventually pass through.  Especially if this is a fairly new development, I wouldn't stress about it too much.  Do you think PU/PD would work in this situation?  If rocking is doing the trick, and it only takes a moment, then I don't see that as being a problem.