Author Topic: Heeeeelp! It's gone wrong!  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Zoexr

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:31:40 am »
Hi everyone,
My 12 month old is normally a really good sleeper, self settles and recently stopped feeding overnight.
Then we broke her.

She was in a really good rhythm of naps and sleeping through the night and then we travelled from NZ to the UK to visit family. She started waking during the night and I fed her and she'd go back to sleep. We had 4 weeks of that, a few rocky nights of night wakes when we got back but then she got back into her rhythm again.

Her normal EASY is:
WU and E 7 (bf)
E 8 (solids)
S 10.30-12 (this is almost set in stone. No matter what time she gets up, she wants to go to bed at that time)

E 12.30 (solids)
S 3 or 3.30 for about an hour.

E snack when she gets up and dinner at 5
Bedtime at 7

The afternoon nap is going haywire. She is fighting it, wanting it early, wanting a micro nap or a massive nap all at the same time it seems!

I can't work out whether she needs to
-drop her afternoon nap
-cap her afternoon nap
-lengthen the activity time (how do I fit everything in?!)

She is also waking during the night and waking up early in the morning.

Or is this just a blip?!? We've been back from the UK for 4 weeks now.

Sorry for the novel. I'm really not sure what to do!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:01:22 am by Zoexr »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Heeeeelp! It's gone wrong!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 20:33:13 pm »
Hi there
I'd prob try pushing that morning nap a little and capping the afternoon nap to say 20/30 mins. What's the new WU time?

Your prob heading into the 2-1 transition time and sometimes the NW and EW can be due to too much day sleep or not a long enough day most have around a 13 hour day with 2 naps of a decent length. You could be in a bit of an OT/UT loop! There is a developmental blip around 1 years old and also any teeth on the move?x
Zoe

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 20:35:53 pm »
Was going to say the same thing, zoe beat me to it :) Just adding this link, there's some good info in there:
From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)
Emma

Offline Zoexr

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 01:46:18 am »
Thank you so much for your replies.

Her WU time is all over the place at the moment.

After I wrote the previous message, DD went to bed at 6 and slept until 5.45, had a feed and went back to bed until 8! Obviously, writing here sorts her out!  ;D

She has all her front teeth (got her first at 4 months!) I think her molars might be jangling a little but normally paracetamol sorts it but not this week, which leads me to think its not that.

So, I should work on keeping the morning nap as the long one but just work on pushing it out? Early bedtime until it's all sorted? How long do transitions normally take?

Thanks again for your advice

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:27:26 am »
Well if it helps keep posting here  ;D

I used to keep the am nap as the long one...just push it by 10/15 mins every few days and see how u get on.

Molars and canines were the worst teeth for us they moved for ages without being seen and caused some havoc x
Zoe