Author Topic: How to get past dreaded 45 mins??  (Read 854 times)

Offline Betty1978

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 16, 2015, 14:09:59 pm »
Hi all, I have a 3 month old who is thankfully doing quite well through the night however in the day I cannot get him to sleep past 45 mins. I know this is the point during sleep where they transition into the next phase and babies who wake fully at this point do so because they ant self soothe. I have to comfort him to start the nap time and he does cry but only for a minute or 2, I've not quite mastered putting him into his cot before he actually falls asleep but I put him in just as he does and he sometimes opens his eyes looks about then goes to sleep. However when 45 mins is up its another story, he cries exactly on the 45th minute so I take him out to comfort him but he won't even stay asleep in my arms long enough to put him back in his cot let alone shhh-pat him it gets to the point where he cries so badly and  for so long (in my arms) that the nap window is over and it's time to get up anyway. Occasionally he will fall sleep back on my arms but doesn't fully not like at the beginning on the nap where you can tell he's gone properly asleep. What should I do? Please help!

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 19:59:08 pm »
Hi betty,

Whats his day like in EASY format?
Ie

Wake for the day:
Eat
Awake time
Sleep

And what time is bedtime?
For us 45 min naps were a huge indicator that my lo needed more awake time between naps. Its possible your little one needs a little more too. A little awake push always helped our 45 min naps 😊

Jody
Jody
 xx

Offline Betty1978

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 13:04:59 pm »
Hi Jody, thanks so much for replying. He's on the 3 hour schedule. I do feel like he is definitely ready for sleep more time than not when I put him down for a nap though; yawning, eyes a bit red, limbs really fidgety etc. I will try the awake push thing though as I've heard of that. Fingers crossed. It doesn't help that at 3 mo the he's started teething already! Wish me luck X

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 18:21:46 pm »
By 3 hour schedule you dont mean hes awake for 3 hrs before he has a nap? I assume you mean 3 hour eating schedule?

You want to be looking at his A time from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep for his next nap/bed.

It might not be UT but thats first thought. Without actually seeing his nap schedule i cant really say.
Jody
 xx