Author Topic: 17m wanting an early nap  (Read 1418 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
17m wanting an early nap
« on: November 16, 2015, 19:12:04 pm »
I started a thread I cant find but I was having issues with DS going down for his naps and sometimes BT after him being great going to bed on his own. Well it seems that hes wanting an early nap time and that has been the cause. Our easy looks like this:
 Up 630
E 715
A 715-10
S 10-12

and then our day continues and he will be ready for bed around 645. The problem is that we cant do naps at 10 usually because we have to leave at 1130 to pick up dd from school. Before he would fall asleep on the way back from getting DD around 12 and I could transition him from car to crib just fine. Hed wake up but go right back down. Now however, if he wakes up after those 15 minutes he will not go back down. Sometimes he will if I rock him but that's a fight and then hes not down until after 1 and he wants to sleep until 3. Today we managed it bc we weren't home and he dozed off for about 5 minutes at 1045 on my way to MIL house where I was just killing more time to get dd. He was energized enough from playing at MIL o make it home after we got dd and I laid him in his crib at 1230 and he went right down. I guess I'm just trying to see my options? Would I be better off putting him down at 10 and just waking him up to get get dd (I HATE waking sleeping babies though :(  ) or am I better off winging it and hoping I can keep him awake until we are closer to home from DD pick up? It just seems that since the time change hes wanting to nap earlier. He may be up early but we don't hear him. I noticed when we had the video monitor that he would wake up and lay around for around 30 minutes before making a peep. e even tried keeping him up late (800 pm) to see if he would sleep a little longer to try and reset him but he was still up early 6/630 and was ready even sooner for a nap.

[/url]

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 17m wanting an early nap
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 23:11:36 pm »
Every kid is different but I personally prefer an afternoon sleep where nothing interrupts my LO's rest.  My 2 yr old still takes a solid 2hr nap every day, so waking him after 1.5 would not work for us.  If you keep him up until 1, is he a total mess, or is it that waking at 3pm means he's not ready for bed at 6:45? 

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
Re: 17m wanting an early nap
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 01:17:08 am »
Keeping him up later makes him a wreck...beyond OT. Hes not usually ready for bed at 645 if he goes down too late for his nap. I really don't mind him being up later than 645 but its like he can tell hes usually going to bed at that time and if I let him stay up later (regardless of what time he was up from his nap) he gets that second wind and makes his BT a little crazy. If I could just get him to sleep a little later in the AM I think it would work better but I cant seem to extend that time. This time change has just thrown everything off.

[/url]