Author Topic: Viscious cycle nap and bed  (Read 5404 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Viscious cycle nap and bed
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 01:09:38 am »
Probably just ot built up - all part and parcel with nap dropping unfortunately. Say did you know there is a nap dropping support thread? Support for dropping the nap part 12 lol sorry I totally forgot about it until it came up in my unread replies list! Just a nice place to commiserate with us ladies going through the same thing (and also ones who have been through it and pop back on).
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 02:30:30 am »
Thanks I'll check it out! I've already had to go in once ( he's only been asleep for 1.5) lo is trying to get comfortable and just can't seem to. It's odd maybe it's that cortisol build up. Wish he'd just take the darn nap!!!!!!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 18:28:03 pm »
Another night with constant nws!! And ew! He rind this morning with a stuffy runny nose so I'm wondering if it's contributing to the nws. I tried to put him in for a nap being that's it's been weeks since he's had one and that he's had a few nights in a row of interrupted night sleep and a bit of a cold but no luck he won't go down!! He was finally up around 7 this morning think I'm going to aim for super early bedtime at 6! Think that might work? I'm at a loss here

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 13:29:24 pm »
Did the ebt work? Sorry we are all in various stages of sickness ourselves so haven't been on much.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2015, 13:15:08 pm »
Yes he went to bed at 630 and woke 730 next morning. He's been waking early around 645 which is hard because he can't really make it more than 12 hours awake so he's in bed around 7. I'm trying to figure out how to push bed later and morning wake up later. But it's been at least one whole month since he's napped.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 12:58:36 pm »
I just can't take the nws anymore!! I'm exhausted! He hasn't napped in over a month but ever since he dropped the nap he wakes at night. He hadn't woken at night since he's a newborn! What is this from and how do I stop it?

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2015, 05:48:52 am »
I cannot remember - have you been offering the nap or quiet time in bed? It could be it was a phase of no naps and he really does need one.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2015, 12:43:46 pm »
I've been offering naps for a month and he hasn't taken one! Yes we do have quiet time usually a show in tv sit on the sofa that's as quiet as I can get him. Yesterday he started to fall asleep in the car at 215 but I kept him up because I didn't want to chance being up until 10! Is a later nap common at this age? I'm just afraid it will bring bedtime too late. Are the nws because of the no nap?

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2015, 21:03:05 pm »
If he would have a later catnap I would try it. Yes it sucks to wake them but if you can get a better night out of it it may be worth it. I imagine if the nw started at the same time as nap dropping they are related.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2015, 00:19:35 am »
I always think it's just not worth the trouble trying to get him down for a 30 min nap. What if I did like 45 mins 2-245? Honestly I've tried the later nap and he doesn't usually go down. If it helps with the nws it would be worth it but if it keeps him up until 9 pm it won't be lol. Guess I'll have to give it a shot to see.

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:19 am »
Well the only way to know is try...45 min may be too long but trial and error will let you know. Even if you find a happy medium with a bit later night and no nw's it might be worth it for the short term.
Heidi

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2015, 07:48:35 am »
We did a nap 3ish for 20 mins with a 7pm bedtime no trouble when we hit the nap-dropping phase.  I know you say it's not worth the bother for such a short nap but my feeling would be if it stops you all being up all night until he can really cope with no nap, it's worth it!  You don't even have to really 'try', just invent a reason to drive somewhere at 2.30/3ish and give him 20 mins from when he dozes off.  If he doesn't just do a bit early bedtime.  Honestly it won't last long, 2-3 weeks of doing this every other day or so and we were pretty much done x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2015, 11:59:46 am »
Well the past two nights we had no nws!!! But he's only sleeping 11 hours! That can't possibly be enough sleep! Every morning he's wide awake at 6:30! Which means technically he would be ready for bed by 630 pm but I'm afraid of such an early bed time that he might be up at 530 am! All of his friends his age still nap a 2 hour nap ;(

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 13:08:49 pm »
11 hours can be enough...my DD3 has done 11/11.5 hr nights since dropping her nap at 22 months. I know if she had been my first I would have been thrown for a loop but you really have to try and disregard what other kids his age are doing - these lsn lo's just march to their own drum! The 20 min catnap for now could help keep the ew at bay by getting him to a bit later bedtime. Yay for a great night!!!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2015, 21:29:59 pm »
Thanks I guess you are right but I still don't know even one other child my sons age or even older that doesn't nap and only sleeps 11 hours! It's so frustrating. I tried for nap tiday in car at 2 he was sleepy but wouldn't fall asleep. He will be cranky all afternoon having tantrums he doesn't play bathing because he can't focus and he hasn't eaten a good dinner since he's stopped napping. I feel like it's robbing him from learning and being happy. If I could get him to nap for an hour from 2-3 I wonder if he'd go to bed by 830. Might be worth it.