SLEEP > Sleeping For Toddlers

Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 7

(1/4) > >>

Lana:
continued from here Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6

trimbler:
Hey everyone, sorry just can't focus on what you all wrote on the previous thread as I need the loo but don't want to wake DD ;D Hope you all make it over here! Funny, I have a plan in my head for morning nap refusals - so it's 20mins max sleep then down at 1pm, or if she faffs about for half an hour I'll give up and get her up and give her early nap at 12pm after early lunch. Or will try 11.30pm nap next Friday when I have to be at school for DS's Christmas play so won't attempt morning nap then... Anyway, I have my starting point all worked out in my head, then what does she do but some kind of funny 10min nap ;D Except that I wasn't really sure when she woke after some musing as to whether she was really awake or just making funny noises in her sleep... Well, it seems to have worked out ok for now as I put her down at 12.30pm, she made some funny crazy noises for about 2mins then fell straight to sleep and she's still going now at 2.50 :D Probably a good thing I have to wake her at 3 to get DS, or I'd be tempted to let her sleep too long... But my bladder can't cope with such long naps :P ;D Ok, time to go now, will be interesting to work out what to do with BT, but will be a bit funny anyway as picking up a friend of DS who'll be collected around 6pm, when I'm normally busy with BT routines etc... See you later :-*

MayaandEvasmommy:
Wonky over here again!!!!  :o.  She hs been point blank refusing naps and then only doing 30-40 mins, so we have had a couple of earlier nights but even with a 7pm BT she has been doing 11 + nights! Which I guess confirms total amount of sleep needed is LSN, just long days with a toddler that has found her independence in a HUGE way.  Anyway we then got another chest infection so all over the place again, cough keeps waking her up, we have had some 1hour NW when cough wakes her then she has been tagging it onto morning so not too bad I guess.  Now cough is on its way out we are back to 5am wakings!!!!! Day sleep is still a little hit and miss, we going away for Christmas so quite looking forward to throwing the towel in for a couple of weeks with routine, although we do have a big time change to deal with :( x

trimbler:
Oh no - (((hugs))) Hope she's better soon and you enjoy your Christmas travels :-*

kyleian:
This is my first time popping in on this thread... we've been in and out of this transition for the last 5 months with DD (now 13 months). She was starting to drop the 2nd nap and then we moved to Japan, and she went back to 3 hr A times for a few months, then was starting to lengthen out at the beginning of December and then we went on holiday and were back to 3 hr A times!
6:30-7 is our usual wake-up time but because of recovering from the trip we've been letting her sleep as long as she wants. We also have to re-train so she falls asleep on her own after our holiday.

We've been home almost a week, and it was all the same till yesterday:
A: 7 AM
S attempt: 11 AM
S: 12 PM
A: 1 PM (noisy neighbors)
S: 6:40...
A: 8:45 PM.

At this point we kept trying to get her back to sleep and twice she kind of went back to sleep, but by 10 it was obvious she wasn't going back to sleep, so we let her play until midnight.

Today she woke at 8 AM, nap from 12-2... so now I don't know if we should just try to keep her up until 7  in case because it was before 7 she thought it was a nap, not BT, or if we should give her a CN at 6 and let her stay up later but not midnight!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version