Author Topic: 13 month- night feeds and wake ups still  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Twosweetgirls

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 21, 2015, 22:56:20 pm »
So i've been on here a few times trying to figure out night wakings.  We have improved I think, mostly working on schedule (2-1 transition problems), waiting because she was teething and we had the time change.  Also, I just figured out that we both needed to transition to solids being more important in her diet.  I seem to remember my first child doing this, where they need more, so they just drink more breastmilk and continue seeing solids as an exploration, not a staple.  So I am changing the whole schedule and hopefully once I know food and schedule and nap are settled, I will feel better doing more night time shushing and such.  She is doing great at naps and falling asleep now. I've had to adapt her bedtime routine and let her have milk before sleep (nap and bedtime) but I do my best to make sure she still falls asleep off the breast.  Anyways, here is the schedule I've had for two days

630- wake up and bf
730 or 8 breakfast- whatever the family eats- pancakes and fruit, or toast and fruit, i've been trying to give her something after like yogurt or baby cereal, with cow milk
1100 lunch- same as family like toast, cheese, cucumbers, with end of yogurt or baby cereal
1130-2 bf and nap
300 snack - fruit and milk
530 supper- same as family with fill up food afterwards
615 begin bedtime routine
700 asleep in bed

We still have very specific wake ups, either every 3 hours or 4 hours.  Do you see any issues in the routine? should i do anything food wise? How should i go about making sure she is full for all night? Is calories or quantity of food more important?

Thanks!

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 13 month- night feeds and wake ups still
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 22:03:40 pm »
Should I have this on a different board? Also, I have to adapt the schedule because she woke up early this morning, so I guess we are back to one 15 min cat nap at 945 and a nap at 1230. 

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:59:25 am »
Feeding just before sleep Honey at that age can be a problem. When before nap/BT do you exactly feed?
~Marta

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 04:15:51 am »
i usually feed her and then take her to bed both with nap and supper, except if i do a tiny cat nap.

cat nap adapted schedule-

630- wake up and bf
730 or 8 breakfast- whatever the family eats- pancakes and fruit, or toast and fruit, i've been trying to give her something after like yogurt or baby cereal, with cow milk
945- 15 minute nap
1130 lunch- same as family like toast, cheese, cucumbers, with end of yogurt or baby cereal
1230-230  bf and nap
300 snack - fruit and milk
530 supper- same as family with fill up food afterwards
615 begin bedtime routine
700 asleep in bed
[/quote]

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 06:50:34 am »
So probably firstly I would start from stop feeding to sleep. I guess at this age that might be a problem. So aim for finishing a feed at least 20-30min before sleep. If the night wakings won't stop, than you can sleep train. And early mornings waking can still be a problem because of routine but this is difficult to say if we don't tackle feeding prop firstly.
~Marta

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 15:39:30 pm »
Yay!!! She slept 8 hours in a row last night!! I think she would've slept till 7 if my other daughter hadn't purposely woken her up!! Celebrating here!!!!!   ;D. what was the difference for us? I made sure to persistently offer foods in the afternoon and evening, I used the pentley's gentle removal plan and I've been putting more time between bf and her asleep, just like you said. I'm so excited to see some progress. I know it's only one night but I'm not sure if she's ever slept this long! And everyone has been telling me to force her to do this, let her cry, she doesn't need the milk. While I agree she was old enough to wait longer between feeds, if I had just let her cry I wouldn't have actually fixed any problems. She is much happier this morning!! Next question- any thoughts to getting both my girls to sleep till 7? I have a 3 year old and 13 month old in the same room. They have been waking up at 6 for about 1 month now. My 3 year old would be able to sleep in a play pen in room for a short time if that's what it needed!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 16:42:11 pm »
Very happy for you Honey! If you would like some advice re early wakings you should once again post your routine but probably only sleep and activity without feeds for now. I start my holiday tomorrow for nearly 3 weeks and probably won't be able to answer so maybe you would like to start another thread here re early wakings? So your post is answered for sure?
~Marta

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 18:09:06 pm »
Thanks that sounds like a good idea.