Author Topic: Eleventh Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Site Admin Team

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:13:55 am »
Tracy Hogg, RNMH “The Baby Whisperer"
Born and raised in the north of England, Tracy worked in several reknowned hospitals including St. Catherine's Hospital for the Mentally Handicapped, where she first discovered her gift for understanding children's cries, gestures, body language, and other nonverbal cues -a talent she would later apply to babies. When she emigrated to the United States in 1992, Tracy began to work exclusively with parents and their new babies, helping them make the transition from delivery room to first diapers and eventually into toddlerhood.

In 2001 Tracy, working with her co-author, award-winning journalist Melinda Blau, published her first book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How To Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby, which instantly became a New York Times bestseller. Just one year later, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers was published and became a national bestseller as well. 

In June 2002 Tracy teamed up with Discovery Health in Great Britain to produce a fifteen-part television series entitled The Baby Whisperer. Each episode demonstrates not only Tracy's incredible problem-solving skills, but also her compassion for children and parents.

In 2004, even as she was battling a life-threatening disease, Tracy and her co-author collaborated on The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. Because Tracy knew that this might be her last book, she was determined to cover every conceivable problem so that even if she couldn't help parents personally, her book would.

Sadly, Tracy lost her battle to melanoma on November 25, 2004. All these years later her legacy lives on in her books, her tapes, her television programmes, and, mostly, the spirit of this website. The Babywhisperer website realized one of Tracy's greatest dreams: to create a place where thousands of devoted parents can come to share their experiences and to support one another. What she possibly didn't imagine, though, was that this virtual community would also make sure that her wit and wisdom could never die.     

We hope that you will join us in paying tribute to Tracy on this thread. The thread will remain here in this board as a lasting tribute on this special day.

You might also want to light a candle in memory here:

Light A Candle

If you would like to add the remembrance avatar, you may save it to your computer and upload it like you normally would.

Here at the Babywhisperer Forums, to honour Tracy on the anniversary of her death, we encourage everyone to go out and post on the core boards (Eat, Activity, and Sleep).  They are the heart and soul of this forum, and the support given to everyone is what helps parents all around the globe learn how to whisper to their babies. 
The Babywhisperer Site Admin Team

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: Eleventh Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:16 pm »
Thank you Tracy today and every day for all the things you have directly taught us and inspired us to find out.  We are much better parents thanks to you.

Off to light a candle.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 14:04:13 pm »
Thank you Tracy and thank you for this board.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 16:26:34 pm »
Thank you Tracy for showing me how to be a better parent :-*

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 16:58:44 pm »
It is a miracle to me how someone I never met has been able to have such a profound effect on my life. Tracy, when I first saw you on TV at 4.30 am whilst nursing my screaming baby I could not possibly have known what a pivotal moment it would be in my life. I turned to your legacy, this website for support on how to parent best, and have found it tenfold. But what I didn't expect was to find such incredible support for myself and to meet such incredible friends who are so kind of heart.  How I wish we could all show you how much we love and appreciate you in person. If we never get to 'Baby Whisperer Island' in the here and now, I hope we find it with you in the here after.

x.

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 19:50:13 pm »
Thank you Tracy for everything you have taught me. Through you, I aspire to be the mum I want to be and feel you've given me the tools to do so. Without you and this forum I would most certainly be lost. Thank you sweet angel xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 20:00:21 pm »
I'd be lost too. Thank you Tracy and thank you to everyone who pays it forward and keeps Tracy's ideas alive.
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 07:46:10 am »
I hope you would be proud of what we are doing here. Thank you for the ideas, tools and inspiration you have been giving.
~Marta

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 22:25:29 pm »
Tracy, you have taught my husband and I so much and you gave us a way to parent in a way that feels loving and authentic to us.  Thank you for taking the time to write down all you learned. 

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 15:10:14 pm »
Thank you Tracy for being a guiding light for me and my husband. Your wisdom got us through the first year gracefully,  and has equipped us with the tools to deal with the challenges to come. You continue to work your miracles through all the amazing women on this forum. Words cannot truly express how grateful I am.

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 21:45:19 pm »
 As my "baby" becomes a young little lady, we can easily see what "whispering" has done. She trusts us, she listens to her OWN cues, and knows that we are always near. She knows herself.  It is a beautiful thing to witness. Thank you Tracy.