Author Topic: Sudden Screaming  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Jennafrappafrubalacca

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:18:06 am »
A very odd thing just happened and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar thing.

My almost 4 month old, who usually only wakes in the night if he truly needs something suddenly started screaming at 00:50 and I mean REALLY screaming in a strained high pitch very upsetting to hear way. He was also drawing his legs up. I checked him over and he seemed fine, clean bum, tummy nice and soft, no fever etc and gave him a cuddle. Then almost as suddenly as it started it just stopped. His eyes were closed the entire time and when I put him back in his cot he was still apparently fast asleep.

What on earth was this outburst?! Night terror?

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Sudden Screaming
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 22:16:48 pm »
Ah the blast cry.  We had those, they're really lovely because it takes you, the parent, forever to go back to sleep after the shocking wake up.  We didn't get them until DS1 was around 10 months but they lasted on and off for almost a month and then they just stopped.  It was a very bizarre thing, we have no idea why they occurred but we learned to wait for a minute before going in.  They never lasted longer than 20 secs max, and like you said, he appeared to be sleeping the whole time.  VERY stressful but hopefully short-lived. 

Offline Jennafrappafrubalacca

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 16:17:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply and reassurance! I was convinced there was something causing him horrendous pain at first! For some reason I took his nappy off to check everything was in order haha! not quite sure what I was expecting to find ::)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 18:16:13 pm »
I totally get it!  I think if DS1 had been younger, I would have done the exact same thing.  Do take note, in case it continues on or it starts to last longer but I think it's just a, very startling, phase.  :D

Offline julia.north

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 18:38:20 pm »
Sounds like they were having nightmares!
Best wishes,

Julia