Author Topic: 2 month old started NW every two hours after sleeping for 5 hour stretches!  (Read 1402 times)

Offline AliCraig

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I have a two month old boy who started NW again like he did the first couple weeks he was home! So weird...
Our routine is dimming the lights around 7, bottle, then changing his clothes and diaper, swaddling him, then putting him in his sleeper on his back and letting him fall asleep on his own. He usually needs a pacifier to go to sleep also.
He usually always wakes around 1 or 2 for a bottle then used to sleep until about 5 or 6...
So basically he would go down around 8-wake up around 2-then again at 6.
He's big for his age, probably about 14lbs...and I don't think he really NEEDS a bottle at night but he is PERSISTANT and won't stop crying till he eats...
The past few nights he's been waking every couple hours...
Any tips on how to get him to stop waking up? Or get him to stay asleep like he used to?

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Sorry for the late reply hun. And welcome to the boards!

Would you mind posting your easy for me to take a peek at? There's huge growth spurts around this age so it could well be that. It does sound like he's hungry so at this age I would just feed. I would also check to see if he's draining all his bottles during the day. If he is, it might be worth adding another ounce of two in to see if he's stopping because he's full or just because the milk has run out iykwim? Xx

Six Weeks to Four Months: Growth Spurts - How to tackle them