Author Topic: 21 month EW and pregnant mama-help!!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Kjv201

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:39:40 am »
Oh man I hope someone can help us, I'm simply exhausted! Our little guy has done well with night sleeping since about 1 yr old, his wake up times vary from about 6.30-7.15 with a bed time of 6.30. His napping has never come easily buy recently have been in a good swing of 50 mins- 1.5 hrs (hence the earlier bedtime for him as he's shattered by the end of the day). Suddenly in the last 3 weeks he has been waking up anywhere between 4.45- 5.30. Because of the varying wake up time wake to sleep (our usual go to) hasn't worked, we have tried a bedtime of 7 (no change), my husband is currently lying on the floor next to his bed telling him it's night time and he needs to lie down and has been there for 30 mins with no let up of crying. During the day he is grumpy and has huge bags under his eyes, I just can't understand why he's suddenly not sleeping, add to this I'm 8 weeks pregnant and just need some blooming sleep as feel rough!

Please help!!!!
Kara

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 21 month EW and pregnant mama-help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 20:33:10 pm »
What time is his nap?  Sometimes EWs are their way of getting in a longer A time if the nap needs pushing later.
Also wondering if he could be teething?
Emma

Offline Kjv201

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 06:20:20 am »
When he was up at 7am (the good old days) I would put him down at 12.45/1.00. Now he's up just after 5 I'm putting him down at 12 as he's exhausted. I had some success this week with early bedtime of 6 and he woke up at 6.15 for two days but now this morning we were back to 5.15. I have no idea what to do with him when he wakes, whether to just suck it up and get him out of bed or try and coax him back down. He's now got a cold which isn't helping but can't be to blame as it's now been about a month of early wake ups. His hands have been in his mouth a lot over the last couple of months so not sure if it's a sensory thing, he has so many teeth I'm finding it hard to tell if he's even due any more!