Author Topic: Help, 12 month old still waking!  (Read 1198 times)

Offline LRS431

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2015, 18:14:11 pm »
Hey all, I would appreciate some advice please. My daughter has had a bad run of sleep from 4 months u til now 12 months. She got into a habit of night waking and breastfeeding back to sleep, also she would only ever take 30 minute naps. I have been doing some work with her and for two weeks now I have night weaned her so she has her last feed at 6.30 then goes to sleep by herself and her next feed is in the morning about 6am. However she still wakes in the night! It usually starts around 2am and I lay her down, tuck her in, put on her music and leave the room, she wakes hourly (ish) and I repeat. Am I creating a new prop here?

I have also cut her down to o e sleep. I know it's very early but instead of two 39 minute sleeps a day she now has one long sleep of 2 - 3 hours (I still have to resettle her during this several times but it's a massive improvement),

Our day is like this
6/6.30am wake, milk feed
8am breakfast
11.30 lunch
12 milk feed
12/15 nap
2.30/3 wake
4.30 dinner
6.30 milk feed
7pm bed

Can anyone offer advice on how to tackle this night waking? Should I not lay her down? Thank you!

Offline LRS431

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 18:45:22 pm »
Now the last two nights she's woken around 3am and stayed awake for 1.5 - 2 hours. She just stands in her cot yelling or crying. I go in lay her down but she doesn't go back to sleep for ages.
Anyone have any advice on how to combat this? Should I do walk in walk out until she settles?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Help, 12 month old still waking!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 18:52:12 pm »
Hi, is she just 12 months old as lots of birthday shenanigans can go on at this time. Any teeth on the move?
Often long NW for us were developmental.
Zoe

Offline LRS431

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 23:44:37 pm »
She's 12.5 months so I think we are past all the birthday stuff. It could be teeth but she's very settled up until 3ish, seems odd that teeth would hurt at the same time every night. It's almost like she thinks it's morning time and wants to get up

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Help, 12 month old still waking!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 16:17:37 pm »
It could still be developmental, does she wake happy like she's had enough sleep?
Zoe