Author Topic: Am I creating a sleep crutch? Almost 4 month old NW  (Read 1449 times)

Offline vthatcher

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Am I creating a sleep crutch? Almost 4 month old NW
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:07 am »
Hi! My 17 week old baby girl only woke up once a night to nurse until just a few weeks ago when she started waking up twice a night.  She goes to bed around 7/730 every night,  DF around 10/1030pm and her first waking is getting earlier. When she was 2 months old she would wake up sometime between 230 & 330 and then wake up for the day around 6 or 645. Unfortunately for the last several weeks it has gotten earlier and earlier and now it is around 115 or so and then around 430/530 & waking up for the day around 615/630 occasionally 7.  I have just been feeding her when she wakes because she seems to be really hungry and takes a full feed at both times and then falls right back to sleep.  Is this ok or should I be shushown patting her? I've tried that before but she just wails louder and louder.  She is on a 3 hr Easy with 3 1.5-2hr naps! TIA

Offline vthatcher

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Am I creating a sleep crutch? Almost 4 month old NW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:46:24 am »
O and a few times, like tonight, she's woken up at 930 pm absolutely inconsolable.  I've been just treating it like an early DF but it's usually only 2.5 hours after her BT feed! Should I be shush patting her?I tried that tonight and she just wailed for 10 minutes until I fed her and I could feel her tummy grumbling. 

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:53 am »
If she takes a full feed then I'd feed her and put her back down. Is she breast or bottle fed? My bf baby is offered a feed if he wakes anything after 2hrs from his last feed.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 23:13:13 pm »
Definitely go ahead a feed her.  She's still pretty young and it could easily be a growth spurt and she's just needing those extra calories. 

Offline vthatcher

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 00:54:13 am »
Thanks ladies! She is breastfed! Oh good I've just been nursing her and she goes straight back to sleep so that makes me feel better.  Last night she woke up 2.5 hours after the DF bit then slept for an almost 5 hr stretch...woowoo!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:18:53 am »
That's fantastic!!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015