Author Topic: 12.5 months inconsistent bedtime refusal and NWs  (Read 1016 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
12.5 months inconsistent bedtime refusal and NWs
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:29 am »
My DD2 is 12.5 months and I feel like we are in the 2-1 transition. A few weeks ago she started EW then having bedtime refusals. So we started having days with a 30 min am nap and a longer 1.5 hour nap. This didn't improve so we tried alternating days with 2 naps and days with 1. It seemed to work out good for a bit but now we are back to loads of NWs. We don't feel as is teething but have been giving meds anyway.

She goes to sleep at bedtime fine but some nights she will wake crying and trying to soothe herself between bedtime and midnight. 5-6 times. Then she is fine the rest of the night.

Some nights she STTN

And some nights she will refuse bedtime then have a 2-3 hr long nighttime party.

Is it our routine. Is she UT/OT ???

Easy on 1 nap
7/715am wake up
12noon -2 pM nap
730 bedtime.

Easy on 2 naps
7/715 wake up
1045-1115 nap
230-4 nap
730 bedtime.

Suggestions??

Melissa

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 12.5 months inconsistent bedtime refusal and NWs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:59:07 am »
My guess is either ut or developmental shenaningans (or both!). Have you ever tried more than one 1 nap day in a row? That would really be my first suggestion since she is able to do a one nap day, just try a few in a row to see if there is improvement.
Heidi