Author Topic: Me again  (Read 812 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 02, 2015, 21:47:25 pm »
Without jinxing things my lo has started settling herself for naps in her cot. I was following advice re awake times and I aim to put her down between 1hr 15 and 1 hr 30 after she's woken. On average she can nap for 1:30 to 2 hrs each nap.
We have been housebound until today since Friday as she has bronchiolitis  :( this has allowed us to try and master the naps.
Today we had a hospital appointment which meant she was disturbed 40 mins into her lunchtime nap. Usually she will sleep in the cannot pram but today stayed awake until her next feed, she's fed 3 1/2 to 4 hrly. She was very sleepy feeding her little eyes rolling. She woke when I put her in the car but then went off to sleep within 15 mins of grumbling. When we got home she woke again so I put her in the cot and she settled almost straight away. This meant that her usual short evening nap was potentially going into bedtime routine!!
So very long story short....what's the best way to manage naps??
Which nap is most important?
This whole parenthood thing is hard  ???

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 22:43:34 pm »
On a day like that not likely to be repeated I'd probably have just forgotten about the short catnap and just did bedtime as usual x

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:50:44 am »
Thanks, I would've done but she hadn't had an afternoon nap and was exhausted! As it happens she woke after 45 mins ish so we managed to get bedtime pretty much on time.