Author Topic: Distracted baby, impossible to sleep train, please help.  (Read 2136 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Distracted baby, impossible to sleep train, please help.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:05 am »
Honey, I think the biggest thing is you're still aiming for 1.5hr A time and he's too old for that - should be more like 2:15 by this age and frankly, that's when he's falling asleep. I reckon if you shoot for 2:15 A time and feed when he wakes from naps, things should iron out pretty soon.

Offline Fifilottie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 10:00:42 am »
Thank you. I did wonder about that. I will extend activity time today and see if it works. I am still aiming for a feed every three hours too but as I say it all depends on naps to get him in the right mind set. I know a lot of people move them onto a four hour routine at this age but was a bit dubious as he is bf in the day and wanted to make sure he had enough feelings to see him through the night. Yet obviously that is not happening anyway xx

Offline becj86

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 10:06:06 am »
You may find he will take bigger feeds if he's feeding less often which could help with the disinterest in feeding and any gas he's getting as well.

Offline Fifilottie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 11:52:34 am »
His first nap today only lasted half an hour , 8.30 til 9 , so extended activity time after anyway to see what would happen. He started to show really really tired cues around 10.50 ish but after nap routine and just PU/ pd( he was in no mood for shh pat) he was asleep by 11.15. Funny, exactly 2 hours 15 since he woke from his last nap and quicker to sleep. So, bec you may be onto something here, thank you. Should his short napping not affect activity time though. Now I need to work it all around school pick up at 3.15, ah, will see how it goes. Oh dear can hear him waking now, another short nap :( x

Offline becj86

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 19:31:39 pm »
Sort, should have pointed out a jump in A time can result in short OT naps for the first day or two just because its a change. Try being there at 25min into the nap and resettle when he stirs - much easier to resettle when he's still drowsy than when he's screaming ;)