Author Topic: Me again  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 06, 2015, 16:24:29 pm »
So my lo is occasionally sleeping through and will them only have 4 feeds as she's fed 4 hourly. She doesn't kick off for feeds anymore and I have tried to offer her more frequently but she isn't interested then.
My worry obviously is about her intake. I haven't had her weighed as she has been unwell so didn't want to take her. She is having good size bottles, 7-8oz but to me this isn't enough for her size she is over 13 lbs.  I know they have a growth spurt around now but I thought she'd be demanding more feeds not reducing them  :(

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Me again
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 20:08:21 pm »
Honestly - don't worry! If you are feeding to appetite and if she asks for extra you give some then you are doing fine. Is she draining her bottles? If so add another oz into them so she can take it if she wants. If she was hungry at night she would wake for it, it sounds like she is edging towards dropping the night feed.

Keep an eye  on her weight, but if she is alert and happy when she is awake, producing wet and dirty nappies and meeting milestones you have no need to worry. My DD was a real chunk, 91st centile from a couple of weeks old (and still is ;)) but she very rarely took more than 25oz in a day, your DD is taking 28-32oz a day (plus a NF some days) which is absolutely fine.

Babies don't really increase their total feed amounts after a certain point, feeds get bigger and more spaced out rather than more frequent smaller feeds.  When they start to need more is when solids get introduced to supplement the milk they have rather than replace it before they are 1.

HTH!

Laura

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 20:26:38 pm »
Thanks Laura,
My mum said the same, that she may be working towards dripping the night feed altogether. That would be nice lol.
I don't mind her waking if she needs it though.
Today she took 4 x 7oz bottles and a sneaky 2oz top up between 3rd and 4th feeds so has had 30 oz today. Let's see what she does tonight. She's in bed now!!  ???