Author Topic: Questions about 3.5 hour easy.  (Read 1817 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: December 06, 2015, 18:19:32 pm »
My 12 week old is not too interested  in his bottles after 3 hours so I'm thinking he might need a 3.5 easy. His A time is 1.5 hours and then I wake him after 1.5 hours to keep to the 3 hour easy. He would easily sleep 2 hours a lot of the time if I let him. So on 3.5 easy should I let him sleep  the 2 hours til the next feed after his 1.5 A time to equal 3.5 hours? Or is it dangerous to give him more sleep?! It would be about 6 and a half hours day time sleep. Or should I continue to wake him after 1. 5?
Gemma

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Questions about 3.5 hour easy.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:51:23 am »
Hi Sorry you didn't get a reply yet.
Sounds like he'd like a little more sleep, I'd go with that unless you have evidence to show that it results in him being UT for the next nap or night sleep.  Only way to really tell is if you try it for a few days really.
If you find you need to continue to cap the naps it's fine to have some A time between S and E to feed at 3.5hrs. So EASAEAS

hope that helps

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 15:43:14 pm »
Ok I'll give it a try, thanks!
Gemma

Offline creations

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 18:50:45 pm »
I think best thing is to keep records as you go through this experimental phase. I was not one for keeping EASY records all the time but did it in phases when we needed a tweak or tried something experimental.

good luck, hope it goes smoothly for you.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 21:17:38 pm »
Thanks!
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 13:33:09 pm »
Hi again, 3.5 easy didn't make much difference to his feeds so  trying a 4 hour easy now. Every morning I was waking him at 10.30 for his bottle but as the bottle was now not due til 11.30 I decided to leave here and see how long he would sleep. He slept for 2.5 hours! I guessed he'd have a long A time after that (it's usually 1.5 hrs) I thought he'd have a few minutes more. He started acting tired at around 1hr 20 mins which I thought was strange but kept him going til 1hr 30. He dropped straight off but woke at 30mins! How on earth can he be OT after such a huge nap?  What's going on with that?!
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 13:51:48 pm »
I couldn't get him back to sleep so now I am thinking he was UT! Why 30 min wu though? And why was he acting so tired so early?
Gemma

Offline creations

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 21:31:46 pm »
Hmmm...you could just put it down as one of those days?
It does sound like he might have been UT for the second nap having had such a long first nap.  As sleeps were going well before you might want to just continue to cap his nap - it's really up to you, so long as he is well rested.  Mine hated being woken so I would have gone for the long nap myself but some LOs aren't bothered by it and it does keep them on a consistent routine.