Author Topic: ? Earlier bedtime  (Read 765 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 07, 2015, 21:10:34 pm »
Hi. My lo is 15 weeks old and has been on a four hour feeding schedule forbade while now with one night feed which she is dropping occasionally at the minute, we've had a couple of 11 hour nights.
The issue we are. Having is that she is falling asleep with her last bottle. At present this isn't affecting her night time but I'm worried it may do at some point, plus I feel mean keeping on waking her through the feed for her to finish it.
After some ups and downs with naps etc we seem to be following some kind of routine now. We aim for a 7:00 wake up, feed within half an hour of waking, she can only manage an hour and a half maximum awake time before she gets sleepy grumpy so she is put into her cot awake and she will settle to sleep ok. Her naps are around 2-2:30 long and she does the same after her 11:00 feed and then after her 15:00 feed. Her last nap can be sorter but if she sleeps on I tend to wake her so it doesn't go into bedtime.
I aim to do bedtime so it coincides with her last feed at 19:00, so I aim for the nap to finish around 18:00 if I can then she has awake time til 18:30-18:45, bath and bottle at 19:00.
Should I maybe aim for a shorter nap and earlier bedtime? This will mean an earlier last feed.
I don't want her to lose her bedtime routine as it's doing really well otherwise. I am worried as my mum is looking after her overnight on Saturday and I know she won't be as 'encouraging' to get the feed down! She had her for one feed today, dd is an easily distracted feeder and will laugh and gurgle whilst eating. I just regain her attention and also give her a break and offer again. Mum obviously didn't and dd has spent the last 2 feeds making up her volume for the day. She is a quiet baby at feed times and doesn't demand it like she did as a newborn. She more civilised these days  ;)
Any suggestions you try before Saturday would be great so I can make it easier for mum and also prevent her from totally mucking up all my hard work!!

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: ? Earlier bedtime
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 20:17:48 pm »
Hey there, sounds like you're both doing really well :) Hope you manage to enjoy your night off without worrying  :-* Yes you may need to start the BT routine a little earlier so that she doesn't fall asleep on the bottle and takes a good feed. If she does fall asleep on the bottle, will she rouse when you put her down or not really? It shouldn't matter too much if she dozes off a bit on the bottle as long as she rouses enough to have to settle herself when you put her down, iyswim, but of course it might be even better if she doesn't doze off in the first place ;)

If you'd like me to have a closer look at your routine, you could post it as:

7am Up and E
8:30-10:30 S
Etc... For a particular day, rather than a general outline, otherwise I might make wrong assumptions about what's happening day to day. But it does sound like she's doing pretty well at the moment :)