Author Topic: 11 week old can't increase to 3hrs, fitting around short naps  (Read 1717 times)

Offline josephfc

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 week old can't increase to 3hrs, fitting around short naps
« on: December 07, 2015, 22:21:49 pm »
Hello. I'm currently seeking advice on the sleep page about our daughters short napping but inammreally struggling to fit in the feeds around it which means she is still having bottles every 2.5 hours. She hints towards being able to take 6oz of we manage to space the feeds out enough but because of fitting them in between short naps she's taking smaller amounts more frequently. I don't know how to stretch her out to 3 hours, which she is clearly able to do, without it impacting on sleep. Today's routine is below:

E 600 (6oz)
S 650-730
E 815 (3oz)
S 905-955
E 1100 (6oz)
S 1125-1215
E 130 (3.5oz)
S 200-350 (had to wake her up)
E 400 (4oz)
S 510-550 (in swing)
E 630 (really struggled and fought it - 3.5 oz over a 40minite stretch)
S 730

The 2pm nap was the first long nap in a couple of weeks which was great. But still, you can see the challenge. Feeds are coming before naps, which I don't mind too much as I'm not sure she'd nap as well if she hasn't eaten a bit closer to her sleep time. But still in order to feed her in time so she doesn't fall asleep on the bottle (I try to leave at least 20 minutes before laying down) I have to feed her earlier. I'm at a loss as to how to get her on to a good feeding schedule. The only thing I can confirm is that she nearly always eats at 4pm and bedtime feeding is then thrown out. 

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 11 week old can't increase to 3hrs, fitting around short naps
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 22:07:23 pm »
I'm really sorry - I thought I had replied to your thread!

How are things going now? If you can increase the A times to get longer naps then it will naturally push the feed times further apart so you should be able to get her to take a full feed and last the 3 hours.

How is your routine looking now?

Laura

Offline josephfc

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 23:03:33 pm »
Hello. Very strange you did reply and I posted a reply to that. I'll repost tomorrow!

Offline josephfc

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 16:29:09 pm »
Sorr Laura I confused posts. You didn't reply to this (and we're not going crazy!)

She is able to go a good 3.5 hours between bottles now but naps aren't getting any better than 30-45minites. I'm a bit uncertain of how to fit it in though. I don't want her to nap hungry but can't really get her to eat in between. I'm getting help on the naps page so will see how the schedule comes out with that.