Author Topic: PU/PD help needed for 8 mo old  (Read 8111 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: PU/PD help needed for 8 mo old
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2016, 20:59:28 pm »
Yay great progress, well done both of you :) There'll be bumps of course, but keep going and you'll get through them :-* And wow, how cool about your research :D

Offline Antie66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2016, 15:44:48 pm »
I'll keep it short and sweet:

Yesterday Benjamin turned 8 months and he slept through the night, in his own cot, for the very first time. Yes ladies, you read correctly: on page 6 of my thread, my son HAS SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!! BT at 7pm, a short wake up at 10pm for a soiled nappy change, cuddle and back to sleep (no boob in sight) and then did not wake until 5.45am. There is no emoji icon to describe my joy and disbelief ... and needless to say I was listening at his cot at 5am to check he was actually still breathing :-)

And today, we have had two 1.5 hour naps without feeding or very much fuss and without waking ...

I'm sad I have to go back to work next week, which undoubtedly mess things up, but we are getting the hang of things!!!

(But then I indeed do have cool work ... back to my baboons!)

PS Surely I must be winning the 'most-read-thread-award' by now 😜
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 15:46:32 pm by Antie66 »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 20:07:58 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great update!!!

I had to go and look at how many views you have...yeah it is surprisingly high!!  Over 800 and you are not even a FAQ or sticky thread  :D

I'll let you know a secret (it is not a secret at all I just pretend it is)...my DS is 5yo and I *still* go and check he is still breathing!!

Really glad things are going well - don't want to bust up the happy dance but do want to warn you - do not be surprised or alarmed by a 'regression' it can happen it is normal, respond to him and support him but don't bring the props back  :-*

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 21:46:32 pm »
:D :D :D :D :D

Great news, well done both of you :-*

Aw it's hard going back to work, but you'll get into a new rhythm and you've helped DS so much by teaching him to sleep by himself :)