Author Topic: 2:1 nap transition and early wake ups. (13 months)  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Lilac14

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2:1 nap transition and early wake ups. (13 months)
« on: December 17, 2015, 06:27:07 am »
My baby is 13 months and we recently re-did our sleep training as it has got really bad for a month after teething. We did WIWO and she has been back STTN for a month. She has started waking at 5.30 every morning and this week has refused her second nap. I've been trying hard to get her down for it but she is spending an hour protesting so the last 3 days I have tried for 10 minutes but then given up and brought her down. She is happy and not grumpy so Iv gone with it but by 6.30pm she is desperately tired and is zonked the minute her head hits the pillow. I don't know wether to keep trying for the second nap. I'm trying hard to extend her first wake time but by 9.30am she is screaming for bed. I managed to make it to 10.30 yesterday but it was a massive struggle snd I had to go out in the cold and rain to keep her awake! . Her naps have also gone from 2 naps of 1.5 hours each a day to now  one of an hour. This week our routine has been

5.30 - wake and BF
6.30 breakfast
9.30 - 10.30 nap BF
11.30 - lunch
3.30 - try unsuccessfully for 2nd nap
6.30 - bedtime.

Yesterday I tried to extend AT and move bedtime to see if it will help EW.

5.30 - wake and BF
6.30 breakfast
10.30 - 11.45nap BF
12.00 - lunch
3.30 - try unsuccessfully for 2nd nap
7pm bedtime (but she was screaming and very overtired)

She still woke at 5.30. I'm looking to hopefully have a wake time any time after 6am and extend the nap for more than an hour as I'm worried she is not getting enough sleep as she is used to 3 hours of daytime sleep and 12 night sleep. . Should I put her to bed earlier. She would be asleep by 6pm if I let her. I don't I a the best course of action tbh.

Thanks so much

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2:1 nap transition and early wake ups. (13 months)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:07:35 am »
I would for sure do an ebt on days where she doesn't do a 2nd nap. What about making the morning nap a shorter catnap and bringing the 2nd nap ahead a bit? She may not quite be ready for one nap but still need a bit of a tweak
Heidi