Author Topic: Page 230 Transitioning to 4hr all wrong?  (Read 3805 times)

Offline princesscarla1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Page 230 Transitioning to 4hr all wrong?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 16:32:45 pm »
Thanks creations. That's really helped. She managed 2 hours this morning :) first time ever! I had tried getting her down much earlier after her catnap but she was having none of it :( I normally have her down about 7 or 7:30. If we need to put a catnap in before bed how long would recommend I put her to bed afterwards? For example, say she wakes from her nap about 4, she won't be last till 7, so should I put her down for a catnap about 5?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 18:40:39 pm »
She managed 2 hours this morning
Lovely :)
A warning, sometimes when increasing the A time naps lengthen and then seem to shorten again after a few days. This can be a sign that she has adjusted to the new A time and needs another increase, just see how it goes but wanted you to know in advance, esp with Xmas coming up and there may be a day or two without support.

say she wakes from her nap about 4, she won't be last till 7, so should I put her down for a catnap about 5?
Do you think she would accept a CN only 1hr after her nap? If you do then fine, go for it. Otherwise perhaps a CN at 5.30-6.00 and BT at 7.30 at a guess.  If there is great resistance to the CN then the plan B would be to move directly on to the BT routine. so lets say a failed nap at 5 and you have tried for 30 mins, it's 5.30 and she's been awake since 4, so 1.5hrs. I would feed bath and get her into bed ASAP aiming for 6pm latest.  You might skip the bath on a day like that and just do a top and tail wash.

Seems like you are doing well only 4 days since you posted and already some success.  I hope it continues for you :)
Hope this helps.
(and make the most of the Y time if she naps well!)

Offline princesscarla1

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 07:47:44 am »
Fab. I always get confused around that time of what to do. I find that she fights her BT if she goes for her CN at 5:30-6, but it might be overtiredness from waking earlier at naps.

Thank you again. I'd be still feeling helpless without your help.

Have a wonderful christmas :)

Offline creations

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 08:50:38 am »
You have a lovely Christmas too - and come by with an update - we can pick up again after the big day x (I'm not often gone for long)

Offline princesscarla1

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 14:17:41 pm »
Hope you had a wonderful christmas. Well we've been doing absolutely fab! :) however night walking are becoming more frequent.

When lg was very little I was breast feeding to sleep. Feeling exhausted we decided to introduce a dummy. I know she's been dependant on for about 9 weeks now (now 18 weeks) but it did give me a rest and did get her to sleep.

I really belief the dummy is a prop, both to fall asleep and also for waking. I really think I need to take it away so tried today, she's screamed at nap times since and won't sleep at all.

I'm worried to take the dummy off her for SIDS but feel in the long run its the best thing to do. She does where a snuza hero breathing monitor which alarms me if she stops breathing.

She been trying to such her thumb from day one. So unsure what to do :(

Offline creations

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 18:38:12 pm »
Oh it's good to hear you're doing well :)

Can I suggest you begin a new thread for the dummy question?  It really isn't an area I am all that familiar with as my LO didn't want one. I know Tracy's method with using the dummy so it doesn't become a prop but once it is a prop with such a young LO I'm not much use.  With an older LO I'd suggest gradual wean or cold turkey but the SIDS guidance is not to drop the dummy before 6 months - or please check, the guidance may actually be not to drop cold turkey before 6 months.  You can't rely on a breathing monitor from what I've read...so really I am not much use on this question.  Sorry.
I'm sure if you begin a thread on props someone with some experience in this area will be able to offer support.