Author Topic: 11 mo not hungry for breakfast and milk  (Read 1422 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 18, 2015, 20:18:17 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm wondering about how do you deal with breakfast and milk in the morning? My son wakes up at 7-7:30, as a 8oz bottle of milk and breakfast right after that because we have to leave home for daycare one hour after that (8:30). He's not much hungry and will eat the quarter of a toast and a couple of pieces of fruit... I'm concerned about giving him food first as it's supposed to be milk right...?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 11 mo not hungry for breakfast and milk
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 20:54:14 pm »
Hi
At 11 months I really wouldn't worry about switching from milk to solids first - he needs milk, yes, but it would be fine for him to take the milk at another time in the day, say on arrival at daycare, or for mid morning snack.  Now, my DS would have thrown a fit if I didn't give him his morning milk so I would not have gone directly to solids breakfast with him, but some LOs are fine with taking their solids breakfast first and for some it works out much better that way (I know some here have cut the WU milk because LO was not taking a decent breakfast, so the milk comes at a different time, it's fine).
He does need to have 1 or 2 milk portions even after he is over 1yo but they do not have to be WU and BT if those don't suit his routine (I moved the BT milk earlier to a solids 'supper' with a cup of milk an hour before BT at 12 months to drop the BT bottle).  Many daycares and nurseries (here anyway) offer milk at snack time or at lunch time for over 1yos.  My DS's school offers milk at snack and lunch time, he never takes those because he still has WU milk followed by breakfast (he is almost 5yo) and he doesn't want milk at other times in the day.

I hope this helps.