Author Topic: Help with last short nap before be please  (Read 763 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Help with last short nap before be please
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:40:10 am »
Hi, as it says really.
Lo fed 7, 11, 3 and 7 last feed usually starts about 6:45 after half six bath and she goes to bed after it.
Problem I'm having is when to put her down for the last nap after the 3 o'clock feed?
Her morning nap is usually the most consistent as we tend to go out after 11 feed so she naps on the go, maybe a couple of half hour naps.
So she is tired by the 3pm feed so don't know how long after to put her down. Tried usual hour and a half last night, missed it big time. Screaming, wanting milk, took 3 oz then slept for half an hour but then proper grumpy, woke crying, played ok then did bedtime about hour and half later, was pooped feeding, took an age to settle!
Any help appreciated x

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Help with last short nap before be please
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 17:31:34 pm »
Should say last nap before bedtime!!
Still struggling. Anyone??

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:03:31 am »
Hi there!  Could you post your full EASY?  It just makes it easier to see what's going on.  It's very common for babies to be completely exhausted by the end of the day and not get a full A time before their CN and again BT. 

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 20:38:41 pm »
Sorry not had a minute to reply. Thanks for your reply.
Our current routine looks a bit like this.
7:00 wake
7:15 eat
8:30-8:45 down for nap in cot, trying to extend a times, I watch on the monitor and she's usually asleep by 8:45
11:00 wake
11:15 eat
12:45-13:00 down for nap. Asleep within 5 mins or so
13:30 wide awake!
I have left and watched and she has resettled after half and hour sometimes, otherwise she just doesn't so I lift her.
14:30-14:45 try for another nap
15:15-15:30 awake and fed
16:30 ish down for last nap
17:00-17:30 wake up
18:15 bath
18:30 bottle
19:30 bed
This is a typical day, I can extend the lunchtime nap if I stay with her at the minute, she is quite clingy going through the 4 month growth spurt.
Any advice is appreciated,  thanks.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 21:39:05 pm »
Honestly, things look ok judging from your EASY.  The one thing I would suggest is not watching your video monitor too closely.  If you can hear your LO is awake; she's chatting and cooing and doing baby things, go in and get her but if she's just lying there contemplating life, leave her to it.  It's not uncommon for babies to wake up for a bit and then dose off again.  That's what we want them to learn.  If you watch the monitor as soon as you hear a sound, you'll start to count the minutes until her eyes close again and that will make you crazy!  :o :)
Regardless, your routine is looking pretty good and you've got her going to bed at a good time.  I think you'll find everything irons out as she moves through the growth spurt and 4 month regression.