Author Topic: 6 month old - short first A time  (Read 817 times)

Offline Confuzzled

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:42:49 am »
Hi ladies,

My baby is 6 months old today. We have finally managed to get some naps out of him in his cot by closely watching the clock and using shush pat to settle, and although short, they are better than what we had before.

However his first A time is very short - he literally cannot be awake more than 90 minutes first thing in the morning. I have tried stretching him further and if I do that he is so over tired that he fights the nap and won't sleep at all. The rest of the day he has a 2 hour awake time. His morning wake time isn't consistent so on days that he wakes early, he ends up napping very early too.

Has anyone else got a baby who also has such a short A time in the morning and any ideas on how to extend it?

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 6 month old - short first A time
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:49:28 am »
My eldest always had a shorter A time in the morning, whereas my second is the opposite.  He's a power house until the afternoon and then he's done.  Honestly, I didn't fight it.  Around 10 months my DS1 was suddenly able to stay up longer in the morning and within 2 months he was on 1 nap. He just needed to take his time, and that might be the same with your LO.