Author Topic: 10 month old BR and solid routine - not sure if I'm doing it right  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi everyone,

My LO is 10 months old right now. I'm a bit confused as to when I should be feeding her solids and BFing, and I wanted to see if I could get some advice from all you knowledgeable people. I'm afraid I may be not giving her enough food OR feeding her at the wrong times.

To date, this is how our feeding day goes:

Unfortunatrely, my LO is a very early riser, but I try to make her wait to eat at least until 6am

6AM: Wake and BF (She wakes anywhere from 5-6...but mostly 5 or so. :(
7AM: Solids

10AM: BF
11AM: Solids

2PM: BF
3PM: solids

4:30: Snack - usually some oatmeal

6PM: BF  and bed t 6:30PM.

Is she eating too little? I give her some snacks here and there. She wakes so early... so I feel as though her "dinner" at 3 pm is way too early. I don't know what I'm doing.

Help!!! :(

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 10 month old BR and solid routine - not sure if I'm doing it right
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 21:56:11 pm »
Your routine looks absolutely fine!

It looks like you might just be a bit confused because that 3pm dinner looks so early.  LOs tend to really like an early dinner so honestly it's ok as it is, exactly as I'd expect it :)
The 4.30 snack could actually become 'dinner' but then you might need to shift the rest of the routine because it starts getting quite close to BT, as it stands it is ok as a snack/supper.  I know you are giving it because the 3pm dinner is so early but if you take into account the earlier WU and earlier BT then really the 3pm dinner is a 'normal' time for a LO.  What I'm saying is it's fine to have dinner at 3pm but also fine at 4.30pm or to keep that as a snack/supper.

Looking ahead (the next 2 months and beyond) it's those mid morning and mid afternoon milk feeds that usually become the snack (either with water or with BF, your choice) so you would keep the same times and offer a small solid snack.

You can continue to BF 4 times per day (keeping a milk option at snack time) beyond 12 months is fine if that's what you planned, or if you wanted to drop to 2 milk feeds at 12 months you can make those snacks just solids with a cup of water and keep the WU and BT milk feeds.
If you wanted to stop BF you would still need to give 2 portions of milk beyond 12 months but you can switch to cows milk then if that's what you wanted.

If she is eating from different food groups across the week (sometimes it is easier to look across a day or across a week for LOs rather than trying to balance every single meal) and seems to be eating to her fill at meal times, then yes, she is eating enough. It doesn't look like there is any problem :)

I hope this helps some.
(PS If your sleep routine is generally stable, good naps etc, you might be able to shift that whole day to make a later WU and later BT, this would move all milk and solid feeds later too)