Author Topic: Lost my good napper  (Read 859 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 29, 2015, 21:10:56 pm »
As it says really, my lovely 4 month old has hit the dreaded growth spurt and naps are failing. Think I need to adjust A times but struggling with pnd at the min so brain not at full speed.
She is on 4 hour easy. So I want to aim for 2 hour awake times. My lo is so nosey and easily distracted so napping out and about is hard too, she will go off in the car buy usually about five mins before we land anywhere. Then she wakes on arrival!!
Hard going at the min cos don't want it to start affecting night time cos she is a good night sleeper  ::)
I've considered a sleep shade for the pram, anyone tried one?

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 13:59:14 pm »
So I've adjusted awake time to 2 hours and watched her naps on the monitor to see what she does. She is waking bang on 30 mins, I've left her as she wasn't crying. Just awake and wriggling, trying to self settle. This has taken near on 20 mins each nap so far today. I still feel that the naps are rubbish cos she is awake so long trying to resettle  :(
I know it is a phase due to her age but I hate the fact that I've lost my lovely sleeper  :'(

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Lost my good napper
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:01:32 am »
I'm going to lock this thread as I've answered your other one and they're pretty much identical.  One thing I will quickly mention is, try not to keep your eyes glued to the monitor, you'll make yourself crazy  :D