Author Topic: 5 month old waking at 5am  (Read 736 times)

Offline kfields

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 month old waking at 5am
« on: January 01, 2016, 04:56:37 am »
My daughter just turned 5 months old. For the past several weeks shes been waking up everyday between 4-5am. I usually just leave her be and she falls back to sleep within 45 min. Keep in mind that she is not crying but happily talking to herself during this time. She has been sleeping through the night with zero night feeds since about 2-3 months old. I do not do a dream feed, gave it a try at first but it never worked for us. The biggest issue I'm having is getting her to sleep till 7am. We used to have a 7am wake time and follow the 3 hours schedule. Now we are waking so early I'm fumbling as to when to put her down for the first nap and how to get her back on track for the day. I need to move her to a 4 hour schedule but also having a hard time since her naps are only 45 min. (Which also just started) She in bed asleep by 7pm every night. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 20:01:26 pm by trimbler »

Offline Antie66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 09:18:56 am »
Happy New Year Kim!! Your LO sounds like a dream to me ☺️!! The ladies on here have helped me so much, I'm sure they'll sort you out! I can let you know that they'll ask for a recent day in EAS, to see whether you need to increase A time (as you aly suggested yourself). It's a bit of a catch 22, taking short naps because of not enough A time and then not wanting to extend A time, because of te shrt naps ... It is also a good long time to go without a feed, but from reading this forum my guess is adjusting routine will solve your problem, rather than her being hungry or having other needs at that time. Xx

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 5 month old waking at 5am
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 19:59:55 pm »
Hey there, thanks Antie for replying, if you'd like to continue to give Kim your support, please could you do so on her identical thread on NWs?  5 month old waking at 5am
I'm going to lock this one now...