Author Topic: 14.5 weeks old and back to 2 night wakings!!  (Read 1440 times)

Offline AbbG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
14.5 weeks old and back to 2 night wakings!!
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:52:36 am »
Hi.

My son who is now 15 weeks old had been mostly waking just once at night since around 5 weeks. This was slowly moving from 3am to 4am to nearly 5am.

Around a week ago this reverted to 2 wakings.

Weds 1.30 and 5.20
Thurs 1.00 and 5.45
Fri 12.30 and 5.00
Sat 1.30 and 5.40
Sun 2.15 and 5.15
He feeds pretty well in the first overnight feed but would pretty much be happy with just one side for the second feed. He also tends to settle back to sleep quite quickly after these feeds (has done overnight for some time).

We are on summer holidays at our beach house and have been since a couple of days before sleep went to pot. He doesn't seem to be unwell and isn't cold (or hot I believe).
Seems a little early for the 4 month sleep regression (esp as he was born 2 months early) and he's supposed to be between leap 3 and 4 (in fact, 3 supposedly finished at about the same time as he started this new pattern.

He has no props, is still wrapped, but does need some help settling at bed time (just patting in bed mostly). He's at 1.5-2 hours awake time and is fed around 3 hourly (just moved from 2.5 to 3 hourly, so roughly 7, 10, 1, 4, 6/6.15.

Happy to add more details, but thought I'd check if there is a simple answer here before I do so.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:56:19 am by AbbG »

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 14.5 weeks old and back to 2 night wakings!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:48:50 am »
Honestly hon, 2 NW's is really typical for this age.  I know it's exhausting but it's very normal.  It could just be that he's going through a growth spurt and is needing a bit of boost.  Considering he was born early, if he needs those extra calories, pack them in!  That's probably not what you want to hear but I hope it helps!

Offline AbbG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 14.5 weeks old and back to 2 night wakings!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:26 am »
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'll hope it's just a growth spurt and pray I get more sleep again soon!

Although he was born at 37+6 he's a big boy and is actually quite chubby - pretty amazing for an exclusively breast fed baby!