Author Topic: almost 1yo EW  (Read 1054 times)

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 03, 2016, 14:30:07 pm »
my DD is almost 1 yo. Recently she began waking as early as 5 am, from her usual 6-6:30. We moved her morning A time to 4 hrs too, but that didn't solve the problem (any more than 4hrs is not possible, because she then would get OT and naps get short). I went through the list of other reasons for EW and nothing seems to match. Here is our routine now.
5:20 A
9:20 S
10:30/11:00 A
14:30/15:00 S
16:00 A
19:00 S
Can somebody please help with this?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: almost 1yo EW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:33:06 am »
I am guessing it is the start of the 2-1...if 4 hrs is her max right now then I would look to capping the first nap and gradually bringing the 2nd nap ahead (we did the opposite, pushed the first nap out and capped the 2nd but eventually went cold turkey to one nap). It can be a long process, sometimes even needing to alternate one and two nap days but she is definitely at the age where it can start. The problem if the first nap is early and long is that she will use it to compensate for the ew and it becomes a cycle.
Heidi

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:56:13 am »
I see, I understand. I will try it as soon as she gets better (she just caught a cold today, my poor little bird and I am in complete agony over it)
My problem with capping first nap has always been that her second nap gets a bit of of control then too. I.e. it can get short and she ends up with too little day time nap. if I cut first nap to 1 hr and keep her morning A at 4 hrs what would you suggest to be her A before second nap?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: almost 1yo EW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 02:07:54 am »
With a shorter morning nap the next A may not need to be quite so long. I am not a great one to give precise A times as I generally tried to figure out an approximate good A time and then did set naps (DD2 loved a strict routine and with DD3 I had to keep to school run timings!). That said with a cold in the mix it may be best to wait until she is better to do any chopping and changing or just do it gradually. She may need a bit more sleep right now!
Heidi