Author Topic: ongoing nightwakings in 7 months old  (Read 1263 times)

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
ongoing nightwakings in 7 months old
« on: January 04, 2016, 13:56:14 pm »
hi ladies,

we sleep trained with shush pat when LO was 5.5 months old. It went really well and DD would only wake then every 3-5 hrs to feed. a few weeks ago we were struggling with 1 long NW per night and we got this sorted by making sure she has a long enough day, she only does 11 hrs at night and if her day is too short we figured that she has a nasty long NW. so this has been sorted. but over the last few nights she continues to wake often again, she is easy enough to settle, like 5-10 mins but either way Im awake and very tired as a result. sometimes she settles herself. she still gets a DF around 9.30pm, which is 2.5 hrs after her BT feed. very often she wakes for her first feed 2.5 hrs after the DF which makes me think she has internalised that she gets fed every 2.5 hrs. one day she didn't take the DF and slept  for 8 hrs. I gave her a feed then because my breasts were very full. so could it be that the DF is disturbing her sleep at this stage? here is a typical day:

wake up 7am
1st nap 10.30-12.10
2nd nap 15.30-16.15
BT 7.25

any other ideas why she wakes that often? I must also mention, sometimes I go ahead and feed her straight away instead of settling her, even when it hasn't been 3 hrs yet since the last feed...
Franziska

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: ongoing nightwakings in 7 months old
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 19:28:28 pm »
The dream feed could be a problem, usually it's recommended to be a bit later (between 10-11pm for a 7/7.30 bedtime).  If you want to keep it could you try it later?  Or if she slept better without just drop it and feed when she wakes? 

Does she wake well-rested from naps? 

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 20:10:04 pm »
she usually wakes happy from her first nap which tends to be a good one. anything from 1.10hr to 2.10hr. even from the second nap she wakes up happy, she rarely cries on wake up.
I can't do the DF later as I go to bed myself between 9.30/10pm. should she not stop having a DF in that age anyway? I think I will stop it now. lately she is waking up for it too. so DH needs to settle her for a few nights I guess...
Franziska

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 21:01:15 pm »
Let us know how you get on :)

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 20:17:59 pm »
last night she woke at 22.30 and DH tried settling her for 45 mins at which stage I went in to feed her. I was wondering is it a good idea to just stop the DF or bring it gradually earlier and earlier? I read this somewhere here I think...
Franziska

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:30:07 pm »
You can do either, if one way doesn't work try the other :)