Author Topic: Strange awake period at night  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Twosweetgirls

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 04, 2016, 15:55:01 pm »
First of all, thank you all so much for helping me! I've been coming on here off and on to problem solve for 6 months now and there has been a lot of progress with my daughters sleep! She has always been a frustrating sleeper and eater, so much more needy. Now she's almost 15 months and she only wakes up once at night and falls asleep peacefully. This is a far cry from awake every 2 hours! Now our problem has been long awake times in the middle of the night. When I look back I think she's been awake for 45 min for her one feed. Last night she was awake for 2 hours, 1 am to 3am. For this time it's like she wants to sleep but her legs bounce. She is teething molars too. I always fight her being overtired but maybe this is under tired? Here is the schedule.

6 wake up and bf
9 feed breakfast
11 lunch and bf
1130- 130 nap
230 snack and milk
530 supper
630 bedtime routine 7 asleep

Yesterday was a bit different. Our days are mostly like the above but could be close to the below one

6 awake and bf
8 breakfast and snacks during the am
1130 lunch and bf
12-230 nap
300 snack
6 supper
7 routine
730 asleep

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Strange awake period at night
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 19:25:16 pm »
Routine looks good to me really, very similar to ours (DS is 19 months).  I wouldn't think UT unless she's historically been very low on sleep needs.   I'm assuming you've tried meds to rule out discomfort from teething?  Though in my experience it shouldn't go on for an extended period.  I wonder if it could in fact be that night feed (I think I've read your post right that she feeds at night?) that's the bother?  Have you considered getting rid of it? There's no nutritional need for it at this age and it may be that she's waking from habit then struggling to settle off again.  Does she fall asleep independently at nap and bedtime?