Author Topic: Baby waking at 4.30am  (Read 1099 times)

Offline gemma156

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 13, 2016, 13:47:29 pm »
My 7 month old son either wakes at 4.30am or 6.30am even though we follow the same routine each day. He always wakes happy. Regardless of wake up time our routine always ends up being the same he has a bottle and is asleep within an hour and back up at 9. I leave him for 39 min at 4.30 ti see if he falls asleep sometimes yes dometimes no! Naps again 1 to 3 and normally sleeping by 7.30pm. I wake him at 3 as he would sleep longer.

I dont understand why some days its 4.30 and some days its 6.30. He has been night weaned for several months and solids are well established with 3 meals a day. Is he having too much day sleep? Total sleep is in the range of 14 to 15 hours. Days he gets more fresh air he sleeps better thats the only difference I have noticed.

Please help!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Baby waking at 4.30am
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 14:55:30 pm »
Hi and welcome.  :)

Could you post what yesterday looked like for me in real time in easy format so it's easier to read please? So looking like this:

wu 4.30 (including what you did to try and resettle)
up at ...
A 2hr
S from when to when etc etc all the way to BT and any NW's too

It does sound like he's UT for that first nap, but I just want to check your easy to make sure. EW is usually a sign the first nap is too early and they deal with it by stretching their own A time as frustrating as it is. I look forward to hearing from you and then we'll make a plan ok? ((hugs)) in the meantime, 4.30am WU's are the pits xx