Author Topic: Just starting process with 10 month old  (Read 3971 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Just starting process with 10 month old
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 22:30:27 pm »
Hi honey, just stopping by with a new set of eyes. Sorry you've had such a hard time, you've actually done really well and made a lot of progress from what I can see so far.

I have a feeling that those NW may be from to much day sleep. I could be wrong, definitely, but I think if you were to cut that second nap down to 45min and maybe bring BT 15min earlier (though not necessarily that important to bring BT earlier) you may see a wee difference. It might be worth shifting that first nap a touch later but its not too bad a first A time so its probably not tacking onto his night.

The other thing I wanted to offer if that motrin is ibuprofen and has a less well known side effect of excruciating gut pain which can leave LO screaming for hours. May not be the case for your LO, works well for lots of children but for some who do get that side effect, its worse than the teeth :( It might just be worth thinking through the times he's had motrin and how he's reacted to it.

Offline lyrically1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 15:23:53 pm »
Thanks for the support!  We had another bad night Tues (Night 15), up every hour after 11pm and I finally put him in bed with my husband and went and slept on the couch at around 3AM. 

The other thing I wanted to offer if that motrin is ibuprofen and has a less well known side effect of excruciating gut pain which can leave LO screaming for hours. May not be the case for your LO, works well for lots of children but for some who do get that side effect, its worse than the teeth :( It might just be worth thinking through the times he's had motrin and how he's reacted to it.

This may be possible...as I switched from Acetaminophen not too long ago because I thought it might not be lasting long enough, or helping enough.  Ibuprofen work SO much better for me, but when I read your post I remembered my husband always complains that his stomach is torn up when he takes Ibuprofen! 

Yesterday he developed a moist cough and congestion, and was just feeling miserable.  We have been giving him Acetaminophen all day and night, which seems to help a little.   He was late to his AM nap, and only slept an hour on the bed with me holding him, then completely wouldn't take his evening nap, but fell asleep playing on my at 6pm.  I woke him up after 45min so we could get some supper and he ate good.   We decided to have him sleep in bed with us since his chest cold was making him so miserable, and he woke at 12, 3, and 6:30 which was rather pleasant after the last couple days, lol.  I did give him a bottle each time as I just needed him to sleep for his sake as well as ours, and to push fluids into him too.

I think our plan for now is to just bring him back to co-sleeping and try not doing the bottle when he feels better, at least until after our trip next week.  Then when we get back we are going to try clearing out a room and putting his crib and a sleeper couch in there so we can take turns trying to get him settled in the crib again while the other parent (me!) gets a chance to sleep through the night.

I will keep working on his meals too.  He does get a lot of protein (egg whites, meat, cheese, greek yogurt) but we do also give him Cheerios and bread etc with his meals, so we can work on making sure he gets the protein first.

Sorry, I've totally run out of time tonight to read your post, and my boy is running a high temp, I must go to him. But I didn't want you to feel alone.

I hope your LO is feeling better too.  Thanks ladies for you time and effort to help my family!   I am very grateful that you do this!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 18:33:05 pm »
Thanks for stopping by Bec xx

Sorry to hear your LO is poorly lyrically. I hope he recovers soon and you all get some sleep.

Yes, I had a night of no sleep (about 20 mins I think, then off to work) with my poorly boy crying all night but last night was a bit better. He is much recovered today and will be back to school tomorrow.  What a love, he let me have a 20 min nap this afternoon whilst we watched a movie together.

We'll be here whenever you decide to make the move back into his own cot.  You've come so far with him.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 18:35:43 pm by creations »