Author Topic: night waking around 11pm  (Read 1249 times)

Offline klo1020

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 06, 2016, 19:38:11 pm »
My 11 month old wakes every night after about 3 hours of sleep, so somewhere around 11pm. Is this indicative of anything? UT/OT, anything like that? This has been going on since he started the 8 month sleep regression, and to be honest we got really off track once that hit and I was letting him fall asleep in my arms or in his bouncy seat before transferring him to his bed. I think we will probably start sleep training in a week or so, but was just wondering if there were any schedule change I could make first that might help with that 11pm waking? His current schedule is something like this:

8am wake, milk
9 breakfast
11:45 milk
12-1:30 nap
2:00 lunch
4:15 milk
4:30-5:00 nap
5:30 dinner
8pm bed

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: night waking around 11pm
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 19:51:05 pm »
It could well be he's further down the 2-1 transition than you thought.

Waking after 3hrs doesn't really tell you too much tbh. It could be habitual. How lomg has he been on the current routine for? Is he back to being an independent sleeper? Xx

Offline klo1020

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 22:02:44 pm »
He's only been on this routine for a week or two. Definitely not ready for one nap yet. We've had a couple days where we missed second nap and it didn't go so well lol.  He's not back to going to sleep independently yet, so I know that's part of it. Was just wondering if there was anything significant about that 11pm waking cuz my daughter actually used to do the exact same thing.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 08:00:12 am »
Is that when you used to do the DF by any chance?

I'm not saying he's ready for one nap quite yet, but you are quite far down the transition already with only a 30mins nap in the afternoon. I do wonder if 3hrs A after a 30mins nap to BT might be a tad too much? I wouldn't want to shorten your day so I'd look at adding 15mins onto the first A, then you get take 15mims off the last one iykwim? So 4hrs 15mims first A then 2hrs 45mims to BT. The second one stays as is xx

Offline klo1020

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 18:22:22 pm »
Yeah I did dream feed him around that time. Although I never dream fed my daughter and she did the same thing...   After I did sleep training with her, I would still notice she would stir at that time, but she'd go back to sleep on her own. I'll try stretching out first A time a little first with him and see if that helps! Thank you!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 19:49:22 pm »
My DD still wakes at 10pm me stirs at 2.5yo! I do think there's something about when the DF was, but it is just a theory  ;)

Let me know how you get on with that first A and shortening the last one xx