Author Topic: Time for a schedule tweak?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: January 07, 2016, 00:51:23 am »
My 2.5 year old stopped naps for good for about 2 months now and he typically does about a 12 hour day ( use to be 11-11.5 when he first dropped).  The day can be long and exhausting but at least I know he will be in bed by 730 if he woke at 730 am. But lately he's waking around 640 and not falling asleep until 745! Theres no way he's ready to handle a 13 hour day when he's just given up his naps 2 months ago and he's grumpy and tired at night. if he's handling a longer day I'm wondering if it's worth it to give him a late nap and keep him up an hour late night. I just can't handle being pregnant and entertaining a 2.5 year old inside the house all day this winter !! P

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Time for a schedule tweak?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:19:56 am »
Personally I wouldn't bring nap back as your nights are ok if he's lsn. My DS even on no nap never did a 12 hour night always 11.

It could be half year development blip with him being 2.5....!?

Maybe just bring BT earlier and hope he sleeps a big earlier, you can only provide the opportunity snd right environment for sleep and the rest is up to him really.
Zoe

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:30:27 am »
We're just in the middle of a developmental issue with ONS too. As our LO's are the same age, I thought I'd mention it. With these DL I've found that DD wont go to sleep until much later at night no matter what I do, then wakes earlier or at the same time int  he morning. She's slowly coming out of it now as ONS is lengthening slightly, that's how I know. Just ride it out as there's no much else you can do with no nap. Hth xx

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:15 am »
I would go with early BT too. Even a 6pm to see if it helps catch up.