Author Topic: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?  (Read 6351 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 20:41:19 pm »
Maybe Anne. He was always a bit irregular but since we started solids it's been a nightmare. He had playdough consistency poos every week or so but loads of it - adult size ones! Then all 3 of them got poorly but his is just dragging on - twins back to normal. Apart from being a bit runnier it looks and smells just like it did when he was just breastfed - that yoghurty smell and scrambled egg look (sorry!!). But I don't know if that is just because he is feeding so much!!! Big twin had a cow's milk intolerance as a baby but has grown out of it now (I think!) but we are a very allergicky family. I was vaguely wondering if I should cut down his dairy a bit as I have a feeling that it is not good after diarrhoea. Also, I have to take little twin to the GP on Friday so was wondering about asking then if it's anything I should worry about. He is absolutely fine in himself....just pooing all the time!!

Thanks for the chocolate!! Always very welcome!!

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 20:42:48 pm »
Yeah, I'd ask about it.  You could try cutting down dairy and see if it helps. And maybe a probiotic to heal his gut? Or just some yoghurt? :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 20:45:54 pm »
He eats a lot of yoghurt!! Does it have to be any particular type? He has plain Greek yoghurt with vanilla essence, but the twins have little Yeo pots which they could share if that's better. Will cut down the dairy - he has a lot of cream cheese and rice pudding at the moment to try and get calories in in the day, but meal plan for tomorrow is roast chicken so easy to make that a dairy light day

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2016, 20:49:05 pm »
Hmm do you think that second nap was OT or discomfort? Given that the first A was long and the nap under 1.5h, 3h15 may well have been a bit too long for him. But the dropping off and waking up again could indicate discomfort?? I wouldn't personally reduce the first A by very much after a bad night, but you know him best.

And wow - potty training twin toddlers :o you have my respect :-*

I'd probably cut out the dairy for a few days too, see what happens. And yes I'd certainly ask the GP if possible but be aware that they may not be able to give him much time - at our GP surgery if you want to see a GP for more than one issue you have to book a double appointment :P

Haha keep trying to post to find you've just posted again! I found my DD had issues with yoghurt at this age so just cut it out completely for a while, but her issues were the opposite to your LO's. I know from myself that after a bout of gastro flu, yoghurt didn't agree with me terribly well for a good few days either, but others find it helpful. I'm assuming Anne was thinking about live yoghurt though?

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2016, 20:54:49 pm »
 ;D I'm sitting on the landing waiting for big twin to go to sleep!! Nothing else to do!! That's why I'm so quick!!

I'm sure his tummy is uncomfortable so I'm going with that. And I'll stick to 3h15 A and see - at least then we will have a better idea of things! I'll just mention him to the GP and if he wants me to book another appointment I can take him next week. And I'll cut out his dairy for a
Few days.

I keep expecting to see a tooth with all this, but no sign!!

Twins are being trained one at a time, 2 would be too much for my poor washing machine!!!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help  :-*

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2016, 20:55:45 pm »
I'm assuming Anne was thinking about live yoghurt though?
Exactly. But yeah after a tummy bug, I think I'd just cut the dairy and load up on suitable probiotics. Then reintroduce after a week or so?   OT but for my OH we've just figured out that he has a wheat intolerance - it was awful but then when he was taking probiotics and eating wheat, symptoms were much reduced, and luckily now totally gone since he's cut it.  I would ask GP but yes trimblr's right about the time constraint, plus every GP I've ever spoken to about food intolerance knew less than I did about it. (shrug)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 14:03:30 pm »
That sounds like progress indeed!! Well done you!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 14:47:55 pm »
Well....1h15 after 3h15 A, down again after 3:15 again so will see.....coming up to 1h15 now....

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 18:56:41 pm »
And...?

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 20:37:31 pm »
Woke at 1j15 but I managed to resettle quite easily and he slept for another half an hour. So hat 1h15 and 1h45 on 3h15 As. Tried really hard for early BT but he didn't go down til nearly 7 - I would have said OT except normally he would then have been up about 3 times already and he hasn't (yet!!).

In other news (my life is so exciting!!) his poo seems to be settling down a bit - only 3 times today. Is it too early to give the credit to his dairy-free diet?? He is a little bit off his food though, but that could be because he was exhausted at each meal time - have really struggled to get the 3 of them in sync today!!

Fingers crossed for me again tonight.......

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 21:11:49 pm »
And toes!

Then could you come and sort my guy out please?!?

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 21:29:29 pm »
 ;D Of course!!! I'm sooooooo amazing at this baby sleep thing!  I should be a sleep consultant!!!  ;D

Fingers crossed for you too!! Xx

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 08:52:01 am »
We had a great night!! Woke at 10 but resettled with his dummy and a cuddle.....then slept til 1 when I fed, and then again at 4:30. Unfortunately he was just dropping back off to sleep at 5 when he did an enormous poo, so by the time I had changed him (and his clothes!) and got him back to sleep it was 5:45 and little twin woke him at 6:30!

Unfortunately we have to go to playgroup this morning at 10 so that will be a sling nap, and we have a GP appointment at 3 so that will be another sling nap I think....but I will persevere with the 3h15 A and see where that gets us.

Whoop whoop whoop for 2 blocks of 3 hours sleep!!!!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 16:38:44 pm »
Amazing!! Bet you feel so much better for it!

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 18:34:51 pm »
I feel like a new person! Catastrophic naps today - one in the sling at a VERY noisy playgroup and one in the sling in the doctors surgery - 45 mins each time and couldn't resettle. Just popping him off to bed now.....