Author Topic: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?  (Read 6349 times)

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 19:11:11 pm »
Good luck for tonight.  Sounds like you're on to something, today was entirely beyond your control of course.

I wonder about the poo-ing at night.  Seems odd to me just because neither of mine ever did once passed nb stage, I could just have been lucky!
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 20:10:03 pm »
The night poo is a new thing - hopefully it will settle down now his little precious tummy is getting better. He has only done one poo today so that's much better. And he cried out about 5 mins ago but settled himself back to sleep by the time I got there.

What has made the difference though? 3h15 A? Or just him getting better? I need to know so I can keep doing it!!!!!

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 21:08:40 pm »
Oh it's so hard to know for sure isn't it, but so good to hear about the progress :) well done both of you :) My DS never poo'd at night beyond nb phase either, so it was a bit of a shock when DD kept it up for...well I don't quite remember, but certainly still at 7mo :P it's a pain though, isn't it!

Offline weaver

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 21:18:29 pm »
I really hoping his little tum is on the mend and the poo will slow down a bit!  (I did cloth nappies so that amount of poo makes me scared!)

FX for a good night.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2016, 09:19:45 am »
Cloth nappies with diarrhoea would be horrific!! Although my mum always says the cloth ones leak less and that we never had nappy rash - I am totally in awe of you doing it!

We have had some ups and downs since I last posted. Tummy (finally!) back to normalish - he is very windy still but no more midnight poos which is good. And he is seeming a bit more settled overnight - we have had some good nights of only doing 2 feeds (2 am and 5ish) which is great. And naps have been pretty good too with an A of 3h15. But I am struggling a bit now with early waking.....

Yesterday was a great day:
Up at 5:30
Nap 8:45 - 10:30 (fell asleep in car, transferred to cot, no resettle)
Nap 1:50 - 3:30 (resettle at 1h15)
BT 7 (twins and potty again, aargh)
Self settled for second nap and at bedtime. Was so pleased, went to bed assuming i would have a great night!! Instead....woke at midnight for a feed....then at 2:30.....then at 4:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep!!! No matter what I did!! Not crying, not upset.....just awake and playing with his hands, his teddy, his blanket. And this morning wouldn't go to sleep until 8:40 so an A of 4h10!!!!!!

What does this mean?!? What do I do?!? 5:30 I can cope with (actually fits our day quite well as he can go to sleep on the way back from nursery and transfer to the cot) but 4:30!!!!!!!!!

Gah. I'm exhausted!!!

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 15:29:55 pm »
Oh my goodness, another shocking night......awake at 10:30 (resettled with shh pay but it took ages!), fed at midnight, fed at 3 (but not much of a feed)....then couldn't resettle from that feed til 5 ish....:slept til 5:45. Need an emoticon with forks holding up my eyelids!!! He wasn't upset or crying, just awake and wanting to play! And he is so restless and noisy when he sleeps now, always thrashing around!!

Naps today have been a bit of a mess due to appointments, but did 1h15 this morning after about 3 h A (had to have an early nap as I had to go to the dentist) and then did 2h after another 3:15 but that was in the sling on the way home from swimming (and then on the sofa!!).

I can't see a pattern to the good nights or bad nights. And I'd love some advice. On the plus side, he has just woken up in the sling and is all rosy and chubby and happy!!!!

Offline weaver

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 17:56:04 pm »
Remind me what age he is?

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 18:17:41 pm »
7 months 2 weeks. 33 weeks.

I nearly wrote "2 and a half". Getting confused between my sons and my threads!!!! Little twin doesn't have one, maybe I should start one!!

Offline weaver

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 20:25:27 pm »
:D oh can't wait to hear about little twin.

Have you considered that baby might be LSN? Sorry don't have time to read over the thread, but I know someone who might be able to offer an opinion...

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 20:41:32 pm »
He has always had quite long A times for his age......what do you do with a LSN baby!!???

Offline weaver

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 20:47:27 pm »
You cut their naps to get a good night. They need less sleep than the average baby.  Could that be your LO?

Just hang on, i've asked Heidi to pop over when she has a moment (MasynSpencerElliotte).  E is an LSN phenomenon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 20:49:43 pm by weaver »

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 21:41:30 pm »
 ;D out of 3 children, why can't I just have a normal one?!??  ;D

Could be. Will be very pleased to hear from Heidi, and I'll try anything!! He dropped his 3rd nap really early too.

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 23:13:42 pm »
Sorry not to have been around - I think Anne may be on to something and I have every confidence in Heidi :) (((hugs))) you must be tired!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 03:51:34 am »
;D out of 3 children, why can't I just have a normal one?!??  ;D

I think the same thing a lot! Lol Anne E really is a lsn phenomenon isn't she?  I just wanted to post before I pop off to bed - DD2 has an appt first thing tomorrow morning so while we wait I will have a read over your thread and see what we can come up with. My DD3 went to 2 naps at 4 months, 1 nap at 7.5 months and stopped napping entirely at 22 months  :o  She totally needed naps chopped left and right to preserve nights (DD1 & DD2 require almost as much sleep as she does and there is a 5 & 7 year age gap!).
Heidi

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 07:34:40 am »
Heidi, thank you!!! She sounds amazing!! I don't think my baby is quite that phenomenal, but maybe!!

Last night after those naps he woke at 10 and resettled with shh pat, fed at about 12:30 (both fell asleep), woke at 2 and put him to bed, he woke again at 4, settled with shh pat, woke at 4:45 and up for the day - tried feeding (not interested), shh pat, cuddles, daddy......it's now half 7 and he is a bit crochety and he really looked tired at about 5:30.....but not tired enough to sleep!!

I think the last time we had a 3rd nap was before Christmas, so maybe 6.5 months? But we hadn't had one regularly for ages.

I would be pathetically grateful for any help!!! He makes the twins look easy!!!