Author Topic: Help - suddenly EW 7 months old  (Read 1377 times)

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help - suddenly EW 7 months old
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:46 am »
Hi there,

we had a range of sleep issues, first long NW which we fixed by giving her a longer day so she wasn't UT. now it seems to be the opposite. LO is most days now on 2 naps, depending how well the naps go and if she can make it to a decent BT. yesterday however we needed a CN and then she settle only at 7.45 for BT. this morning she was up at 5.30. OT I suspect. even the few days before she woke around 6 or 5.45. I don't think she is suddenly a baby that has this natural early wake up time, I think its more routine related but I don't know how to fix it. before that she would sleep 7.20ish till 7am with a DF and 2 NF's. exactly 3 days ago I also stopped doing the DF as I felt it was disturbing her sleep but now Im thinking of introducing it again since the EW started when the DF went. she feeds every 3 hours which is fine for me and not having DF change her feeding times at night, as a result she was due a feed around 5.30ish and never went back to sleep. I rather have a few NW's than an EW to be honest.
our routine yesterday:
WU 5.45
1st nap 9.15-10.25 (don't know why she did a shortish nap considering she usually does a good nap with an A time of 3.5hrs??)
2nd nap 1.35-2.10 (I seldom get the second A time right, as a result we get a short nap)
CN 5.10-5.35

the day before:
WU 6am
1st nap 9.30-11.10
2nd nap 2.25-3.35
BT 7.15 (she was in bed at 7 but only settled at 7.15)

any ideas?
Franziska

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Help - suddenly EW 7 months old
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 20:23:09 pm »
Hiya  :)

We had this issue too wrt EW after the DF was phased out. Do you feed at the other NW's too or have all feeds gone now?

Just before I suggest yet another bump in A time, have you checked for teething? She's on good A times there for her age, remind me how long has she been on these? I really think we have to consider if she's LSN I'm afraid. I actually think that short night wants down to OT but actually that CN robbing her night time sleep xx

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 21:07:21 pm »
I feed at both NW's and Im happy do so.
she could be teething alright. its hard to know, aren't they always teething?  ???
I looked at the A times for her age today and I saw that 3.5 hrs is on the higher side. I think she is LSN though. I have tried giving a longer A time for the second nap but t equally results in short nap, sometimes very short like 20 mins which is clearly OT. she has been on 3.5 hrs A time for 2 weeks I think. she def only needs 14 hrs sleep, its just getting the balance right between long enough naps to make it through the day and a long enough night.
Im going to give the DF tonight again and see what happens. thanks for your reply. will keep you posted
Franziska

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 19:44:46 pm »
Please do. Yes, I do think we have to consider the possibility she's LSN. Mine was pulling 4hrs 15mins first A at 8mo too.

I would keep an eye on how much ONS she wants. Some only like 10.5-11hrs especially if LSN so it is about finding the balance as you say. There's no point having a routine that warrants her having 12hrs ONS xx

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 19:23:01 pm »
Zizzi I could have written that post myself!! 😄
following this post with interest.
My lg is so out of routine that she had 50mins sleep today and is currently screaming at bt with overtiredness!

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 21:08:13 pm »
hi mum2lucy,

its actually going ok for us at the moment. my LO even slept through a couple of times this week. other than this we have 1 NW where I feed and she gets up for the day around 6. and I figured that my LO is so LSN that she needs now nearly 4 hrs of A time. that way both naps are good, in fact I have to cap them so she is tired enough at night. I hope things will improve for you too!
Franziska