Author Topic: afternoon nap always short 7 months old  (Read 868 times)

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
afternoon nap always short 7 months old
« on: January 08, 2016, 14:18:01 pm »
Hi there,
My LO is 7 months and 2 weeks and Im having problems to get the timing right for the second nap. she has an A time of 3.5hrs for the first nap and usually has a good nap of 1.10-2.10. lately again shorter like only 1.10hr. could she possibly need again an increase in her A time? the real struggle is however to get the second nap right. its almost always a 30-40 mins nap, no matter what A time we use. a few times I got an hour nap after an A time of 3.10hrs, but more often than not it doesn't work. Today I will try with a long A time of 3.5hrs and see what we get. the issue is that we have then too much time till BT and then she is OT which causes NW's. I would really like to figure this out. any ideas? oh and she is LSN. and she doesn't give any cues, sometimes she is rubbing her eyes like crazy and other times she is really happy.  ???
Franziska

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: afternoon nap always short 7 months old
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 20:56:36 pm »
Hi there, you really have two options: to push that first A in the hope of getting a longer am nap again and then hopefully making her WU from that nap later in the day, so that she can get by with just a CN to BT without getting OT; or to keep the first A where it is but start capping the first nap, say, to 1h, in the hope of getting a longer pm nap. My DS found it much easier to settle for the pm nap with a capped first nap, and this became the first step of the 2-1 for him. He really needed that long pm nap to achieve a long A to BT without getting OT, or the nights suffered. So I personally liked the short am nap, long pm nap route, have a look here: From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)