Author Topic: Bedtimes are a nightmare is it the 4 month regression or mistimed bedtime  (Read 839 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
For the last week or so I just can't seem to get bedtime right to the point we have had screaming  :'(
Lo is 19 weeks on monday and out naps are a struggle at the minute too, but I am making sure I protect them as much as possible to help night time!
Normal BT routine is bath bottle in nursery then bed, drowsy but aware. I always make sure to speak to her whilst putting her down and she can self settle, she sucks her thumb.
The problem seems to me to be ot as she will rub her eyes mid feed however tonight she didn't yet still did not settle well and ended up wanting more milk before she settled. Her feeding in the day is off too and she is refusing milk at 7 and 11, so is starving at 3 feed and bedtime feed.
I'm hoping it will settle down if it is the growth spurt or regression, she is also very clingy to me, won't settle even for her dad, I'm exhausted  :'(
I've tried jiggling bedtime in accordance to her last cat nap if half an hour. This usually ends at anywhere between 17:15 and 17:45 and we've been starting bedtime routine 45 mins after. Is this too long? Should we aim for 30 mins after?
I'm at a loss and poor hubby wants to help but can't cos she just wants me!!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Anyone?? I'm desperate. Tonight was the worst ever so far, tried earlier BT, crashed and burned.  :'(

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Hi there, so sorry you are having a hard time! Can you post a typical day as that much screaming can mean rampant OT from lousy naps. Just when LO wakes, naps, wakes and so on could help...

Maryn

[/url]