Author Topic: Nap inconsistency  (Read 672 times)

Offline Jennafrappafrubalacca

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 10, 2016, 09:10:06 am »
Hi.

My 5 month old is suffering with the 40 minute naps, despite me trying wake to sleep and extending/shortening awake times so his EASY is totally out the window at the moment, although he still consistently feeds every 4 hours.

My question is - whenever my husband has him in the morning he puts him down for a nap after a very short amount of time, often under an hour as he says he looks tired. Whenever I have him he is usually awake for 2 hours (his standard A time) before I see any sleep cues, and even then he usually still looks pretty wired. LO goes to sleep for both us for the morning nap, although generally he resists me more. He is asleep in the evening by 19:30, DF 22:45 and then usually sleeps through (touch wood). He wakes at around 7:00/7:30 although recently he has started waking at 06:30 and falling back asleep 07:00-07:30 when we get him up.

How can his awake times be so different?! He consistently goes 2 hours all day yet my husband always puts him down so early in the morning! Is this a problem, should my husband be keeping him up longer?  ???

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Nap inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:33:39 am »
For me, I liked the consistency and it's nice for baby to know as well.  However it sounds like your DH is working hard to read your LO's sleep cues so that's really encouraging.  It's really up to you.  :)